Known, but unknown elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudalia

<p>Hi all,</p><p>This is my first post on here and I'd just like to ask wether the properties of elements 113, 115 and 117 have ever been documented anywhere?</p><p>&nbsp;I ask because Im entering my final year at school and Im currently taking Physics and Chemistry, eveytime I look at the peroidic table theres always these three blank spots and I wonder about the properties that they might posses and why they wouldn't be listed.</p><p>&nbsp;The only explaination I can come with is that, the element decays too fast for further study and only exists in small quantities around various labs.</p><p>Thanks!</p>

M

Mudalia

<p>Hi all,</p><p>This is my first post on here and I'd just like to ask wether the properties of elements 113, 115 and 117 have ever been documented anywhere?</p><p>&nbsp;I ask because Im entering my final year at school and Im currently taking Physics and Chemistry, eveytime I look at the peroidic table theres always these three blank spots and I wonder about the properties that they might posses and why they wouldn't be listed.</p><p>&nbsp;The only explaination I can come with is that, the element decays too fast for further study and only exists in small quantities around various labs.</p><p>Thanks!</p>

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi all,This is my first post on here and I'd just like to ask wether the properties of elements 113, 115 and 117 have ever been documented anywhere?&nbsp;I ask because Im entering my final year at school and Im currently taking Physics and Chemistry, eveytime I look at the peroidic table theres always these three blank spots and I wonder about the properties that they might posses and why they wouldn't be listed.&nbsp;The only explaination I can come with is that, the element decays too fast for further study and only exists in small quantities around various labs.Thanks! <br />Posted by Mudalia</DIV><br /><br />You can go to this site and click on the elements in question&nbsp;to find out more about&nbsp;them http://www.webelements.com/</p><p>These elements are extremely unstable and as such do not exisist in nature.&nbsp; There half life is so short that they decay almost immediately after formation.&nbsp; They are essentially made in combining nuclei in the lab.</p><p>Welcome!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi all,This is my first post on here and I'd just like to ask wether the properties of elements 113, 115 and 117 have ever been documented anywhere?&nbsp;I ask because Im entering my final year at school and Im currently taking Physics and Chemistry, eveytime I look at the peroidic table theres always these three blank spots and I wonder about the properties that they might posses and why they wouldn't be listed.&nbsp;The only explaination I can come with is that, the element decays too fast for further study and only exists in small quantities around various labs.Thanks! <br />Posted by Mudalia</DIV><br /><br />You can go to this site and click on the elements in question&nbsp;to find out more about&nbsp;them http://www.webelements.com/</p><p>These elements are extremely unstable and as such do not exisist in nature.&nbsp; There half life is so short that they decay almost immediately after formation.&nbsp; They are essentially made in combining nuclei in the lab.</p><p>Welcome!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>You can go to this site and click on the elements in question&nbsp;to find out more about&nbsp;them http://www.webelements.com/These elements are extremely unstable and as such do not exisist in nature.&nbsp; There half life is so short that they decay almost immediately after formation.&nbsp; They are essentially made in combining nuclei in the lab.Welcome! <br />Posted by origin</DIV><br /><br />This thread would probably be much better off in the Physics forum. I will move it there.</p><p>Meteor Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>You can go to this site and click on the elements in question&nbsp;to find out more about&nbsp;them http://www.webelements.com/These elements are extremely unstable and as such do not exisist in nature.&nbsp; There half life is so short that they decay almost immediately after formation.&nbsp; They are essentially made in combining nuclei in the lab.Welcome! <br />Posted by origin</DIV><br /><br />This thread would probably be much better off in the Physics forum. I will move it there.</p><p>Meteor Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts