Lockheed protoype launch vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holmec

<p>That's the most I've heard about it.</p><p>&nbsp;Speculation:</p><p>This may be related to the same program as the&nbsp; <strong>Boeing X-37 Advanced Technology Demonstrator</strong> served.&nbsp; The X-37 was dropped tested and its done its job.&nbsp; The USAF is interested in such technology, that is unmanned reusable space craft to "test space systems and return them to earth".&nbsp; Quite frankly I think the USAF can come up with other uses for such a system.&nbsp; This Locheeed M. test could be an alternative system to one derived from X-37 tech.</p><p>On the other hand, its nice the UP Aerospace got the business for this test.&nbsp; After launching remaines to suborbital space of about 200 people (including 'Scotty') they had trouble locating the canister after it landed.&nbsp; This launch and test is good news for them. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

A

aphh

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>that is unmanned reusable space craft to "test space systems and return them to earth".&nbsp; Quite frankly I think the USAF can come up with other uses for such a system. </DIV></p><p>Orbital bomber? A few years back Bush announced the need for a strategic attack capability anywhere on the globe in one hour.&nbsp; </p>

H

holmec

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Orbital bomber? A few years back Bush announced the need for a strategic attack capability anywhere on the globe in one hour.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by aphh</DIV></p><p>Well, a suborbital could do that, and don't we call them ICBMs?</p><p>I was thinking more on the lines of gathering intelligence without having to transmit the results.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

A

aphh

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Well, a suborbital could do that, and don't we call them ICBMs?I was thinking more on the lines of gathering intelligence without having to transmit the results.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by holmec</DIV></p><p>Probably true, but the orbital bomber has been on the table atleast, so who knows. </p>

A

aphh

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Looks like their space launch initiative proposal from 6 years ago. <br /> Posted by space_dreamer</DIV></p><p>Nice to see the little DreamChaser shuttle on top of that stack. </p>

V

vulture4

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Looks like their space launch initiative proposal from 6 years ago. <br /> Posted by space_dreamer</DIV></p><p>I have doubts that it really has a military role, but the DOD apparently has the money and NASA doesn't seem interested.<br /> </p>

Status
Not open for further replies.