Matter, photons, tachyons, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>I recall tachyons, as being defined as forever traveling faster than light, to be consistent with relativity (special and otherwise) are a possible manifestation we might wish to study.&nbsp; Isaac Asimov also described tachyons in one of his excellent science essays.&nbsp; He commented that as their energy decreases, they travel faster.&nbsp; It occurs to me there would be a limit to the lowest energy these particles could attain due to an 'equivalent' of Heisenbergian uncertainty in the tachyon realm.&nbsp; Approaching zero energy for a&nbsp; tachyon would induce the formation of an (for lack of a better term),&nbsp; Anti-Bose/Einstein condensate.&nbsp; An ABEC would be a rather strange beasty (from our viewpoint at least), although I suspect tachyon based life forms might find them odd too.&nbsp; In a "conventional" BEC, as the particles energy is reduced, their positions become more indeterminate.&nbsp; For an ABEC, this also occurs, but in a speed regime we can scarcely comprehend. </p><p>On the off chance no one has bothered pointing this funny little quirk out, I thought I would post it here.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts