Merged Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Moderators have placed 29 of my messages in a single thread: "The Speed of Light Is Variable, Not Constant". Now I am looking like an inconsistent idiot who cannot stick to the announced topic - e.g. starts with "The Speed of Light Is Variable, Not Constant" but then discusses deduction and induction in theoretical physics.

May I ask you to delete all my messages? That would be fairer.

COLGeek

We don't delete threads with responses. Your threads were combined as a collection of topics that seems contrary to conventional physics.

Interesting topics, but very much a common theme.

We can certainly rename the thread to something more to your liking.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
We don't delete threads with responses. Your threads were combined as a collection of topics that seems contrary to conventional physics.

Interesting topics, but very much a common theme.

We can certainly rename the thread to something more to your liking.

No the name is good. After all, "The Speed of Light Is Variable, Not Constant" is the essence of my heresy.

The problem is that nobody would scroll down if the thread is so long and, more importantly, if the topic seems to contradict conventional science. In theoretical physics, crimestop is almost absolute:

George Orwell: "Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts