Meteorite Madness

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
"and no there isn't a lot of black on the very bottom towards the teardrop part of it there is blackish"
The teardrop part is the front as it came through the atmosphere. Makes sense there would be black there. But that C figure is way high.
The last analysis would make sense if it were iron nickel meteorite only but the first analysis suggests iron-nickel only about half,
You have to get a real expert on this - and don't sell it yet or sign anything. SORRY - you don't sound like you would sign anything.

An average chemist isn't going to make a lot of it. It just so happens I have been an asteroid fan for years. As you know, meteorites are thought to be broken asteroids, probably through collisions.
This is why you get the different types. Ordinary stony mets (meteorites) are from the outside of the asteroid and relatively common. Not so many are found because they look just like stones (which they are). Iron mets are from the asteroid core. Stony irons are rare because they are thought to come from the boundary between the outside of the asteroid and the core.
You may really have something there. You really have to get an expert opinion.
I don't know what is best in the USA. One starting place could be the guys who look out for asteroids. They will at least know whom to contact.
I'll try and get some info for you. And the WEIGHT, you really do not know what you might have there.
Thank you, but oh I do know what I have is over the top extreme and I also know thre a lot of people who were already hating but thats okay because it my destiny to ride this all the way threw. I just dont know who to talk to the guys I had working on it with me have stopped giving me the data once they found out its real. one of them was saying he was going to get itpateniened we had a falling out because i only asked for two things from them and that was be kept in the loop and to send me any and all data regarding it.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
OK, can I just recap a bit?
Can you tell me how it was found?
Basically, did your father see it land?
This helps a lot with the type of met.
Does it look at all like a pallasite? You mentioned the metal matrix (background) with green crystal looking stuff.
I am trying to confirm the type, or look at something different.
Have you gently cleaned a bit around the side - away from the tear point - this also might help.
I feel like saying "lock it away in the Bank" but I guess it is a little heavy.
It is getting on for midnight here and I have to eat soon! It would be great if you could just help with the above quetions and I can leave you in peace, but I shall probably be around for a few hours yet as I am really really interested.
You see my handle on this forum. The Catastrophe comes from asteroid impacts as shown in my icon :)

Catastrophe

Thank you, but oh I do know what I have is over the top extreme and I also know thre a lot of people who were already hating but thats okay because it my destiny to ride this all the way threw. I just dont know who to talk to the guys I had working on it with me have stopped giving me the data once they found out its real. one of them was saying he was going to get itpateniened we had a falling out because i only asked for two things from them and that was be kept in the loop and to send me any and all data regarding it.
This crossed with the one I just sent.
Please be calm. This is yours. I will do anything I can to help. I am not after your meteorite believe me - I just want to help.
Sounds like you need to keep your wits about you (that is English for look after yourself). I really did not like to hear about that guy you fell out with and about you being kept out of the loop. That met is yours.

Catastrophe

I am English as you know, but what I would do if I were you here, if you know what I mean, is that I would get a solicitor (lawyer, attorney?) just to keep these guys off your back. Just ask your (whatever is the US word) to acknowledge any communication from them. Ask him or her to write asking for these results they are withholding from you. They should give you a price just to process a few simple things as outlined. Even do a deal on $1 in $1000 meteorite sales or something like that. Lawyers always scare away the baddies! ;)

Talk to you later.

Catastrophe

I have been searching through all the NASA contacts without much success.
Maybe start with the general number (202) 358-0001 (Office) and see if that leads anywhere. I would ask for meteorite landings or asteroid alert.
Hope that helps. I'll keep looking :)

That thing must have caused a furore when it landed, unless it is a long long time since it arrived.

Reactions: IG2007
I am English as you know, but what I would do if I were you here, if you know what I mean, is that I would get a solicitor (lawyer, attorney?) just to keep these guys off your back. Just ask your (whatever is the US word) to acknowledge any communication from them. Ask him or her to write asking for these results they are withholding from you. They should give you a price just to process a few simple things as outlined. Even do a deal on $1 in $1000 meteorite sales or something like that. Lawyers always scare away the baddies! ;)

Talk to you later.
Thank you so much with what sounds to me like the best advice I have had through out this whole thing.
Before I forget I want to answer your question about my father, no Im affraid he didnt see it land from the looks of the patina it has been here for a bizillion years. He just had it for as long as I could remember and never really talked about it other than he use to say that was the rock I was found under. lol
Hi Tanya. Are you getting anywhere?

Thank you so much with what sounds to me like the best advice I have had through out this whole thing.
Before I forget I want to answer your question about my father, no Im affraid he didnt see it land from the looks of the patina it has been here for a bizillion years. He just had it for as long as I could remember and never really talked about it other than he use to say that was the rock I was found under. lol
Hello , great timing I just popped in to see if maybe you wrote

Earlier someone had asked you if I had maybe made a mistake about the C and that maybe i meant Ca but no I meant C and there is a Ca as well Im not sure as to if I typed it in it should of been after theCu but incase I didnt type the Ca in here are the atom% of it
Ca 0.010842

Just tell us if it looks anything like Pallasite.

Just checking - I have your analysis as:
Fe 40.080581
C 28.016885
O 24.565467
Si 4.9722896
Al 0.7547184
Mn 0.597386
P 0.3551852
Na 0.2015321
S 0.1730469
V 0.0568309
Cl 0.0497551
Ti 0.044513
Ni 0.0304291
K 0.0291747
Cr 0.0229835
Co 0.0203866
Cu 0.0108424

I can't see may magnesium Mg there. Is that correct?
Some Manganese Mn but no Mg

Of course, there is a lot of variation, but here is one analysis:
silicon (Si), magnesium (Mg), iron (Fe), aluminum (Al), calcium (Ca), sodium (Na) ... minerals—pyroxenes, olivines, and feldspars—dominate the stony meteorites. ... Manganese. Mn. 9,168. Phosphorus. P. 8,373. Chlorine. Cl. 5,237. Potassium.
yes yes mine has all of that and more it has carbon as well and copper some nickel that one piece I took to San Bernadino said it has urainium

yes yes mine has all of that and more it has carbon as well and copper some nickel that one piece I took to San Bernadino said it has uranium
yes yes mine has all of that and more it has carbon as well and copper some nickel that one piece I took to San Bernadino said it has urainium
im sorry I forgot to type in the C atoms% they are 0.010842

Catastrophe

Sorry if I confused you. Those are your figures I repeated back to you to check.
Then you gave me 0.010842 instead of C 28.016885
Are you sure that was C and not Ca? Looking for Brtan report. There is only one long one I have. Back in a sec

Oh, sorry. Just seen you have answered that above. Had not gone backwards to it yet.

Catastrophe

Yes, I think the one you mean starts:
"My name is Brian, I was contacted through a mutual friend for Tanya Schexnayder.
She had done research and testing and had concluded that she had a meteorite she is the sole owner of. Tanya has a very low nickel content in the meteorite metal. She noticed gems in the specimens that she had cut from the main 2-ton body."
It goes on to talk about nano and micro and extraterrestrial life. While it is very intereting I cold not see much about meteorites in there. No criticism intended.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
OK that makes sense. I am not a geologist but I don't think things like that occur in nature except as meteorites.
I don't think Nature creates such really interesting things with such elements and then just keeps it on the ground (No criticizing Nature). I guess you should also try radiocarbon dating. It seems that it has a huge amount of carbon, from the data you have given. Just suggesting. I am no chemist or geologist. I am just a 12 year old from India.

And, the metorite is of 2 tons! It seems that it has not landed recently. Otherwise, almost everyone in the US would have known. It seems that Brian hasn't talked about the components of the meteorite in the letter. But, the thing that he has stated is much more interesting. Tanya, please look after your meteorite, take help of a lawyer or attorney if required. This is really unique.

By the way, I guess if this is a huge 2-ton meteorite, then it must have a huger crater. Where is it located?

And also, it seems that the above studies are of two different pieces, otherwise it mustn't give two different results. It seems that it isn't from the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, it wouldn't have this variation in composition then. Either it is from the Kuiper Belt or, I am really excited Tanya, this is from interstellar space! Or from other solar system! Or (just joking, I am just giving possibilities) there is an alien spaceship inside the meteorite! Or maybe some remains from the ancient protoplanet Theia!

Okay, let's get to the point. First, you should patent the meteorite. Second, you should radiocarbon date it. Third, I request you to tell us the location of the meteorite (I am just a kid from India, why would I steal it? Rather say, how can I?). Fourth, it must have a huge crater as the meteorite is so large, maybe after billions of years of erosion it might have eroded, but still there must be a sign of it somewhere. Fifth, you should test the whole meteorite.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Fascinating to read.. I imagine that there is a huge hole a few miles up the road... probably an elliptical lake(?)
Good luck with all of your investigations- please keep posting, would love to see images of it too.
Andrew

Catastrophe

I don't think Nature creates such really interesting things with such elements and then just keeps it on the ground (No criticizing Nature). I guess you should also try radiocarbon dating. It seems that it has a huge amount of carbon, from the data you have given. Just suggesting. I am no chemist or geologist. I am just a 12 year old from India.

And, the metorite is of 2 tons! It seems that it has not landed recently. Otherwise, almost everyone in the US would have known. It seems that Brian hasn't talked about the components of the meteorite in the letter. But, the thing that he has stated is much more interesting. Tanya, please look after your meteorite, take help of a lawyer or attorney if required. This is really unique.

By the way, I guess if this is a huge 2-ton meteorite, then it must have a huger crater. Where is it located?

And also, it seems that the above studies are of two different pieces, otherwise it mustn't give two different results. It seems that it isn't from the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, it wouldn't have this variation in composition then. Either it is from the Kuiper Belt or, I am really excited Tanya, this is from interstellar space! Or from other solar system! Or (just joking, I am just giving possibilities) there is an alien spaceship inside the meteorite! Or maybe some remains from the ancient protoplanet Theia!

Okay, let's get to the point. First, you should patent the meteorite. Second, you should radiocarbon date it. Third, I request you to tell us the location of the meteorite (I am just a kid from India, why would I steal it? Rather say, how can I?). Fourth, it must have a huge crater as the meteorite is so large, maybe after billions of years of erosion it might have eroded, but still there must be a sign of it somewhere. Fifth, you should test the whole meteorite.
IG you are immensely clever. You know I have the greatest opinion of what you say, but I must make a couple of comments.

1. Radiocarbon dating only goes back about 40.000 years. Beyond that it gets inaccurate very quickly. This could easily be four and a half billion years old.

2. I think Tanya should absolutely not give away her location or any other such information. It is not only you who can see this.

3. Yes, Tanya, is there a crater anywhere around. If so, do not say where ;)

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
IG you are immensely clever. You know I have the greatest opinion of what you say, but I must make a couple of comments.

1. Radiocarbon dating only goes back about 40.000 years. Beyond that it gets inaccurate very quickly. This could easily be four and a half billion years old.

2. I think Tanya should absolutely not give away her location or any other such information. It is not only you who can see this.

3. Yes, Tanya, is there a crater anywhere around. If so, do not say where ;)
I didnt know that fact, sorry. And I forgot that there may be people who may steal it, sorry for that as well. But yes, we must know that whether there is a crater around or not. Then only, we can say its age. And also, it must be large as the meteorite is really heavy.

Catastrophe

I didnt know that fact, sorry. And I forgot that there may be people who may steal it, sorry for that as well. But yes, we must know that whether there is a crater around or not. Then only, we can say its age. And also, it must be large as the meteorite is really heavy.
That's fine IG. I will see about crater and let you know if I find anything.

Catastrophe

Among the best-known techniques are radiocarbon dating, potassium–argon dating and uranium–lead dating. By allowing the establishment of geological timescales, it provides a significant source of information about the ages of fossils and the deduced rates of evolutionary change. Radiometric dating is also used to date archaeological materials, including ancient artifacts.

Different methods of radiometric dating vary in the timescale over which they are accurate and the materials to which they can be applied.

Some people call it all radiocarbon dating, but that is incorrect.

Latest posts