Meteorite Madness

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Sorry if I confused you. Those are your figures I repeated back to you to check.
Then you gave me 0.010842 instead of C 28.016885
Are you sure that was C and not Ca? Looking for Brtan report. There is only one long one I have. Back in a sec

Oh, sorry. Just seen you have answered that above. Had not gone backwards to it yet.
I apologize for having txted the atom% wrong here it is and I promise to not leave any out this time , my bad I guess I was a lot more tired then I realized.
Fe 40.080581
C 28.016885
O 24.565462
Al 0.7547184
Mn 0.597386
P 0.3551852
Na 0.2015321
S 0.1730469
V 0.0568309
Cl 0.0497551
Ti 0.044513
Ni 0.0304291
K 0.0291747
Cr 0.0229835
Co 0.0203866
Cu 0.0179926
Ca 0.010842
I believe this was XRD in Polymer

I apologize for having txted the atom% wrong here it is and I promise to not leave any out this time , my bad I guess I was a lot more tired then I realized.
Fe 40.080581
C 28.016885
O 24.565462
Al 0.7547184
Mn 0.597386
P 0.3551852
Na 0.2015321
S 0.1730469
V 0.0568309
Cl 0.0497551
Ti 0.044513
Ni 0.0304291
K 0.0291747
Cr 0.0229835
Co 0.0203866
Cu 0.0179926
Ca 0.010842
I believe this was XRD in Polymer
No I didnt that figuare is at the top of the list actually its the second one I had just forgot to put Ca on the list its at the very bottom and those are Ca atoms % 0.010842
sorry for the confusion

Hi I just sent some photos to your email
Sorry about not getting back until right now but I’ve been working on that stuff as soon as I got back from Home Depot I just now got out of the shower and something to eat. But yes they pop out when I cut I think those are carbonado diamonds but I may be wrong they come metallic, eridesant like diamond color and greenish grey. If you blow the picture up I sent you you can see different colors

Reactions: IG2007

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
Sorry about not getting back until right now but I’ve been working on that stuff as soon as I got back from Home Depot I just now got out of the shower and something to eat. But yes they pop out when I cut I think those are carbonado diamonds but I may be wrong they come metallic, eridesant like diamond color and greenish grey. If you blow the picture up I sent you you can see different colors
Hey, can I get an image of the whole meteorite? Please. I am really excited.

I’m not exactly sure as to why I’m having such a difficult time posting a thread or uploading images hopefully this will get to someone who can upload some of this for me as well as for you this is based on the meteorite that I have and of some of the data is from some type of scientist from meteorite times as well as the alien scientist and or some people up in Berkeley I know from what I was told this is a conversation so far I have from Jeremy the alien scientist Jeremy Reese and Bob Varish and it goes like this we have run simultaneously EDS on the sample the dendrites appear to be pure graphite little or no iron the whole thing looks like cast-iron to me so I’m not familiar with how long it takes such large graphic crystals to grow in cast-iron the other phase is definitely Eutectic or spindle but it also has good amount of phosphorus and Manganese I labeled those spherules olivine because that’s what Brian called them not because we id’d them for certain they do you have a lot of silicone in oxygen but less iron than the surroundings if any I’ve got access to XRF here I will try that when I have a moment free I hope to run Raman spectroscopy on some fibers I’ve isolated but that will take a while phosphorus testing me give us some interesting results since the phosphorus content is high there’s a small amount of sulfur on the surface but I think that’s mostly terrestrial from the iron sitting on out in the elements for a while I didn’t find any troilite in my samples at all EDS didn’t pick up any sulfur in the interior but since it’s a relatively light element we might not find trace amounts of EDS I have dissolved some of the iron how should I isolate nano diamonds from the resulting material I figure if it is a meteorite with such high carbon content it should surely have diamonds and lonsdaleite from the impact shock . will a centrifuge be sufficient I’m thinking to use sodium Polytungstate to separate the graphite and diamond via density is there a better way what is the standard way people do that whatever it is definitely formed from the liquid phase . that article that you sent shows graphite spherules which indicate relatively faster cooling .considering the size of the graphite flakes in there they it probably cooled quite slowly . I’d like to relatively I’d like to talk to someone who specializes in cast-iron to know for sure because depending on how long it takes either someone poured cast-iron into the ground in a 2 ton blob and then it cool insulated by the dirt or cooled in space near the surface the crystal structure is finer but it’s hard to tell whether this is because of remelting during reentry or proximity to the surrounding dirt the finer crystal structure is not present on all the surfaces of the iron though it may be weathered away in various places Or it cooled in space near the surface the crystal structure is finer but it’s hard to tell whether this is because a remelting during reentry or proximately to the surrounding dirt to find a crystal structure is not present on all surfaces of the iron though it may be weathered away in various places.
There’s an image above that is a magnification of that same etched surface and FOV is one CM wide a metallurgist just has interpreted these images to be Martensite site Dentritict inclusions in Austenite and a minor amount of eutectic cementite

Latest posts