Michio Kaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim48

I'm probably behind the curve here because I'm only now reading Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. Fascinating stuff. So where are Y'all on super string theory and ten dimensions and parallel universes?

V

vogon13

Did you know that in a 10 dimensional universe, the ninth dimension is equivalent to what we know as tarragon ??

J

jim48

vogon13":1tr8ow7v said:
Did you know that in a 10 dimensional universe, the ninth dimension is equivalent to what we know as tarragon ??

I sense a trap, but I'll bite. What's a tarragon? :?

V

vogon13

Tarragon is one of the four fines herbs of French cooking, and particularly suitable for chicken, fish and egg dishes. Tarragon is one of the main components of Bearnaise sauce. Fresh, lightly bruised sprigs of tarragon may be steeped in vinegar to impart their flavor.

Tarragon is used to flavor a popular carbonated soft drink in the countries of Armenia, Georgia and, by extension, Russia and Ukraine. The drink—named Tarkhun (pronounced [tarˈxuːn], թարխուն, Тархун), which is the Armenian, Persian and Russian word for tarragon—is made out of sugary tarragon concentrate and colored bright green.

Cis-Pellitorin, an isobutylamide eliciting a pungent taste, has been isolated from Tarragon plant.[3]

In Slovenia, tarragon is used as a spice for sweet pastry called potica.

Amazing tarragon fact:

* "I believe that if ever I had to practice cannibalism, I might manage if there were enough tarragon around." --James Beard

J

jim48

As an amateur gourmet, how in God's name did I miss this? I sensed a trap... That's one for you, Vog. At least I don't serve Soylent Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts