Mission Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

collectspace

"(note that the $10M number is incorrect.) "<br /><br />Can you please clarify this statement? <br /><br />The dollar figure included in our article was $1.6 million, which was cited by Flight Director John McCullough.<br /><br />-- <br />Robert Pearlman<br />http://www.collectspace.com/

E

erioladastra

<br />Sorry, between the time I posted and you read, they corrected the error.

1cooldaddyo

I like the new digs! Especially the super-operator consoles. Should make life a little more pleasant for those folks. I'm amazed at the price tag. I would have easily believed the $10M number. The last company I worked for spent well over a million just turning some patient rooms in a hospital into a small dialysis unit.

E

erioladastra

"Should make life a little more pleasant for those folks."<br /><br />Much! The entire (front room) control team can fit in one room versus 3 different ones, all the manuals fit ont he shevles and don't have to be wheeled into place for use, the consoles are actually ergonomically laid out, the wall screens are nice and big...the team is very happy. It is also nice to be in a room with so much history. Most folks don't realize but the nice shuttle control room you see on TV was supposed to be for the ISS. But when ISS was behind schedule, the shuttle folks began squatting there and took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.