My Hypothises

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ascan1984

All disaster movies have the same features and plans<br /><br />1-People going about there business as usuall<br /><br />2- Someone sees something wrong<br /><br />3- Disaster happens allot of people die but main characters ok and fight for life<br /><br />4- What are we going to do segment as main characters all alone after distruction=despressing segment of movie<br /><br />5- Hope at the end of the movie. We will rebuild <br /><br />All above based on war of the worlds/indipendence day/the day after tomorrow

H

hracctsold

I have been told if you could not define the movie plot in 30 seconds or less, it is to complicated and involved. <br />I have tried to do this for fun with many of the movies we see, and have distressed my wife on several occassions.<br /><br />One example, the last Pearl Harbor movie with the 2 male lead characters. It was about 2 men and the planes they flew, and the one girl they loved. She said that was a depressing way to think of that show.

H

hracctsold

About the day after tomorrow, I was a little disappointed in it. I was hoping for more disasters, and a little less on the human interest angle.<br />The billboard that wiped out the reporter was a good touch, but it could have used a few more scenes like that. Now I am not all that serious about this, but I was expecting something more then just a rescue mission for his son.<br /><br />How about "The Core" for action. There was the time they wiped out Rome, and also the scene with the birds in England, ( did you catch the fish flying thru the window there with the birds in that shop)? If you didn't, look for it, but I won't spoil it for you be telling you where to look.

A

ascan1984

I too was dissapointed by The Day After Tomorrow. It was no indipendence day. Indecpendence day had class and was great fun. TDAT was just depressing.

S

Saiph

Most stories in general follow various archetypes.<br /><br />Almost all stories with a discernable hero:<br /><br />1) Establish the hero's coolness by showing him succeed in a minor endeavor.<br /><br />2) Establish the Nasty evil guy<br /><br />3) Hero gets foiled by nasty evil guy<br /><br />4) Hero persues nasty guy<br /><br />5) Hero confronts the nasty guy as an underdog...almost fails<br /><br />6) Hero valiantly continues despite the odds, and succeeds. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.