My Trip to Kitt Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cygnusx1111

On Monday my wife surprised me with a trip to kitt peak. They had a special event for the meteor shower.<br /><br />They had a 8" scope set up at the visitor venter and a 16" scope in a dome that we could use. <br />It was amazing! There were propably 90 meteors per hour and the super clear skies on top of the mountain offered unobstructed views and thousands of stars. The views of the crab and orion nebulas through the 16" were great! I vould actually see the dust clouds. They even provided snacks and breakfast. The event was from 12:00 - 5:00am<br /><br />I live in Tucson and plan on doing their community outreach program soon. For $350 plus room and board you can use their 20 inch reflector along with a 3" refractor. They have ccds so I plan on taking some photos when I go.

R

rogers_buck

KPNO is a great place. The seeing up there is breathtaking. Your lucky you live in Tucson with so many fine inspirational places to visit. Take a trip up Grahm, Hopkins, and Lemon when you get a chance if you haven't already.

S

Saiph

KPNO is a sweet site. I was up there this last summer using the SARA telescope. Beautiful skies. <br /><br />I got to watch the 4th of july fireworks in Tuscon from up there. Pretty nifty. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.