Mysterious flashing "Star" like object in the sky.... *DELETED*

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

base982

I am at Lati(N) 34.1410, Long(W) 83.7809 at 2:45 am. In the norh-eastern sky, there are 2 of these rapidly flashing lights, the "kids" refered to in earlier post are in the middle between these 2 lights. I have also been observing the 1 light for several nights. Tonight is the first time I've seen 2. The first time I saw the light I also thought it was a helicopter, but after watching for 10-15 mins, the light did not move as a chopper would. Hope this info is interesting. I'm in Ga NE (45 miles) of Atlanta. At 3:45 am. I observed the light in question. Sorry the preceding post is incorrect. The light is in the Northern sky, it is not as bright tonight. It is almost directly below the "kids".<br />

K

kodiakmook

I have seen this (or something very similar as well). I'm in North-Central Ohio and it appears in the western sky. At first you would think it's a star, but as you look closer, and through binoculars, you can see that it is diamond-shaped and the four "points" of the diamond blink red, white and green in a seemingly random pattern.<br /><br />

I

igorsboss

Over time (for 15 minues to an hour), does the flashing light advance across the sky along with the stars?<br /><br />Alternately, does the flashing light stay in the same place relative to the ground?<br /><br />This question is designed to help determine distance. If the light advances with the stars, the source is probably beyond the moon.<br /><br />If the light remains motionless relative to the ground, it is probably in the atmosphere. Alternately, it could be a mirage caused by the atmosphere.

K

kmarinas86

Recently I found, several times, a star flashing red, white, and blue... interesting. I saw it on the westward sky at 7-8 PM central time. I haven't tried seeing it from my house though.

K

kodiakmook

I have since seen more of these objects. Some nights, I can see up to three at the same time. One (the largest, and the one I first noticed.) in the western sky, one in the southern sky, and one in the northern sky.<br /><br />My spouse and neighbors have also seen them, so I know it's not my eyes playing tricks on me.<br /><br />The one in the west is easiest to watch with the naked eye or binocs. Motion is imperceptible while watching, but it does change positions over time. I can first see it once the sky gets dark (around 7:30 p.m. EDT). At this time it is high, nearly overhead. I don't know the correct terminology to explain it, but if the horizon is 0 degrees and directly above my head is 90 degrees, then its position is about 70-80 degrees.<br /><br />Around 10:30 p.m. EDT, the object has dropped to 30-ish degrees, but in the same vertical plane. Lower than that, my view is obstructed by the treeline.<br />

K

kodiakmook

After doing some more research and more observing, I've decided that what I'm seeing are unexcitedly just stars. I came to this conclusion after watching the easily identifiable Orion. Betelgeuse and Rigel "flash" red/blue/white like the other "objects" I was seeing. The colors appear very vividly and seem to "flash" more quickly as the stars appear over the horizon. The colors fade as the stars move higher. <br /><br />Is this an effect of atmospheric turbulence?<br /><br />I guess before I simply wasn't able to identify the other objects as stars.<br />

K

kmarinas86

I've seen these flashing stars to. They're not UFOs, as I have seen many stars doing this.<br /><br /><font color="yellow">Is this an effect of atmospheric turbulence?</font><br /><br />Yes, because the actual colors of stars cannot change that fast.

G

geometry

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread18314/pg6<br /><br />if you scroll down this page linked here, there is a photo of sirius going nuts with these colors as it has been doing for several months to a couple of years now. these are undisputable. these photographs have been taken with a FujiFilm s5000 digital camera from austin, tx on 11-23-04 at around 11:15 pm. the photographs are taken over a period of 2 seconds at f/3.2 in order to show how the appearance of the star is changing colors so very dramatically over such short periods of time. they are only recorded in zigzag lines so that more time may fit onto a single photographic representation. the star photographed is not moving in any way outside of the ordinary path it traverses across the night sky. <br />

E

earthscienceslab

We have been observing creatures made of light, practically invisible that can make birds and animals talk out loud. In the English language. They tend to only appear for a few seconds at time - at other times they can make birds speak in english - for extended periods of time.<br /> They often can raise the temperature of my home to the point of necessary evacuation. They cause angina in myself as well as migraine headaches, nausia and symptoms of radiation poisioning to the point of making my hair fall out.<br /> You may think this sounds impossible - however- I have recordings and videos on a sony camera that document my findings.<br /> If you are looking for something really unusual - it may be alien - or from earth - yet something otherwise I have never read about - I think a team from SETI or the Dep. of the Army should investigate this - it is a health hazard for me and who knows how many people - in fact it may be construed as a nerve gas being spread by unusual methods either by a foreing nation or extraterestals . contact me - 865-717-1068

J

jynnadine

i get up early and searched for info on what i see at about 4:30 a.m. it is definitely bigger than venus. In fact, i had to make sure it wasn't a plane because it was so vivid and almost seemed to blink in pattern. It flashes, in fact, doesn't blink. I thought it MUST be a building, but here in the coachella valley there is a height limit so that's impossible. It flashes green, blue, lt blue, red and amber, very distinctively. it is in the same general area, but does change location somewhat. i see it in the eastern sky. i live in the palm springs area and don't claim to be anything but a very curious person. i've never seen anything like it and i've been a morning-go-outdoors type person for quite awhile.

M

MeteorWayne

Sorry for my lack of geography, but the coachella valley is California?<br /><br />Then we can figure out which star it was you saw. (and yes it was a star).<br /><br />The most likely candidate is Rigel, the star at the lower right corner of Orion, since it is bright blue/white. This allows the refraction to give you all the colors of the rainbow.<br /><br />See my comment on this very star and flashing in the Lunar eclipse thread.<br /><br />Wayne<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts