Nanotechnology safety and Human space expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oker59

Space expansion can solve all nanotechnology abuse and accident<br />problems.<br /><br />Assuming more than one space colony expanding out in space in<br />different directions, and assuming one or more has a runaway nano-<br />assembler problem; well, since the nano-assemblers are confined to<br />the given spaceship, they won't spread to the other space colonies<br />since there is 'space' between them. What's more, space radiation<br />and the nano-assemblers eating on each other will eventually make<br />that mass harmless as far as any further nano-assemblers continueing<br />to run amok. Almost any collision with massive rocky and even ice<br />bodies throughout the universe will result in extermination of the<br />lunp of runaway nano-assemblers. Assuming that maybe general space<br />conditions don't finish the job actually leads to how space<br />expansion of many space colonies overcomes nano-terrorism.<br /><br />A given space colony with nanotechnologies will have the means to<br />detect particles of all types really from general atoms and<br />molecules radio astronomers have been studying for decades now.<br />They should be able to detect the odd signature of a stray nano-<br />assembler out in space. A stray nano-assembler out in space should<br />raise a few eyebrows anyways; if they don't, it's their fault for<br />not allowing thinking to occur. Assuming a given space colony's<br />intellect hasn't been dimmed by irrationalists to the point of<br />ignoring outerspace, they have various means of defending oneself<br />from stray nano-assemblers(possibly nano-terrorism); they can use<br />nuclear, laser, or an intense radiation shield; or even Utility-fog.<br /><br />Definding against nano-terrorism(at least from those outside a given<br />space-colony) has actually been delt with already. Space colonies<br />expanding away from one another out in space has one more benefit<br />for overcoming nanotechnology accidents. Basically, out in space,<br />nanotechnological accidents can be almost 100% overcome by making<br />nano-manufacturing ejectable out into space; if a nano-assembler<br />gets out of control, then detectors can tell say the rocket that the<br />nano-manufacturing unit is on to rocket off out in space; from<br />there, one can nuke, laser it; or, one could have the grey-goo mass<br />pointed at a local star(whether a nuclear burning star, or a newtron<br />or black hole!).<br /><br />Seems to me that space expansion is the only way to make our nano-<br />future safe as far as I can tell. I could go on and on about the<br />other benefits of human expansion out into space like overcoming<br />human's social propensity for becoming dogmatic which I would think<br />has been proven throughout human written history as a danger to<br />humanity . . . since after all, Humanity is the technologically<br />dependent species. Out in space, if a given space colony gets<br />ideologically split, they can split and go their separate ways;<br />those who are wrong with run into problems with themselves like the<br />way the Catholic Chrisitan church went through three bloody<br />revolutions during the dark ages.

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Space expansion can solve all nanotechnology abuse and accidentproblems.Assuming more than one space colony expanding out in space indifferent directions, and assuming one or more has a runaway nano-assembler problem; well, since the nano-assemblers are confined tothe given spaceship, they won't spread to the other space coloniessince there is 'space' between them. What's more, space radiationand the nano-assemblers eating on each other will eventually makethat mass harmless as far as any further nano-assemblers continueingto run amok. Almost any collision with massive rocky and even icebodies throughout the universe will result in extermination of thelunp of runaway nano-assemblers. Assuming that maybe general spaceconditions don't finish the job actually leads to how spaceexpansion of many space colonies overcomes nano-terrorism.A given space colony with nanotechnologies will have the means todetect particles of all types really from general atoms andmolecules radio astronomers have been studying for decades now.They should be able to detect the odd signature of a stray nano-assembler out in space. A stray nano-assembler out in space shouldraise a few eyebrows anyways; if they don't, it's their fault fornot allowing thinking to occur. Assuming a given space colony'sintellect hasn't been dimmed by irrationalists to the point ofignoring outerspace, they have various means of defending oneselffrom stray nano-assemblers(possibly nano-terrorism); they can usenuclear, laser, or an intense radiation shield; or even Utility-fog.Definding against nano-terrorism(at least from those outside a givenspace-colony) has actually been delt with already. Space coloniesexpanding away from one another out in space has one more benefitfor overcoming nanotechnology accidents. Basically, out in space,nanotechnological accidents can be almost 100% overcome by makingnano-manufacturing ejectable out into space; if a nano-assemblergets out of control, then detectors can tell say the rocket that thenano-manufacturing unit is on to rocket off out in space; fromthere, one can nuke, laser it; or, one could have the grey-goo masspointed at a local star(whether a nuclear burning star, or a newtronor black hole!).Seems to me that space expansion is the only way to make our nano-future safe as far as I can tell. I could go on and on about theother benefits of human expansion out into space like overcominghuman's social propensity for becoming dogmatic which I would thinkhas been proven throughout human written history as a danger tohumanity . . . since after all, Humanity is the technologicallydependent species. Out in space, if a given space colony getsideologically split, they can split and go their separate ways;those who are wrong with run into problems with themselves like theway the Catholic Chrisitan church went through three bloodyrevolutions during the dark ages. <br />Posted by oker59</DIV></p><p>Huh? WTH does this have to do with Missionas and Launches????</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Huh? WTH does this have to do with Missionas and Launches???? <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>It has as much to do with Missions and Launches as with anything else.</p><p>This doesn't qualify for Unexplained, though maybe it would be a fit for Unexplainable.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

S

silylene old

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.. <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br /><br />It rained and rained a lot, and now I have a gray nano-ooze growing and moving in my back yard. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts