NASA orders 18 more engines for its Space Launch System megarocket

May 13, 2020
Visit site
Awesome! At only $146 Million per rocket, I'm really looking forward to their One-Time use and disposal into the ocean after it flies once. What a DEAL for us US Taxpayers!

Reactions: shellyhe
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
I said it many months ago. the SLS rocket is enormously expensive with constant cost overruns and delays. Can't we trust our commercial partners by now? They have military contracts these days. I know that SpaceX flies their payloads regularly.

NASA: Please don't order or build more engines or other parts anymore. Leave everything for the commercial guys. They will have the moon rockets up faster, safer and cheaper. Sell off the existing inventory. Please spend your money wiser. Please save the tax payers now and use that money for something that is needed today. We all know what that is.

May 13, 2020
Visit site
I think Space.com should start adding these adjectives to any article that discusses rockets or rocket engines: Reusable / Disposable.

So many countries end entities are now building reusable rockets. I think it would be awesome of Space.com to recognize this very distinctive difference in rocket functionality and the impact this functionality has on the overall costs.

Latest posts