Nazi Republicans/Tea Partiers on the Moon! (OK, in Ohio)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scottb50

Boris_Badenov":2mzstn8a said:
One of the residents of the Senior Apartments here is from Germany. She very proudly displays a picture of her Father in uniform taken during his service with The Africa Corps. Should I call CNN & tell them she's got a picture of an Evil Nazi Soldier in her home? Or should she be allowed to honor her Father in this way, a way that she sees as appropriate?
Many rank & file Germans served honorably in service to their country. This is what Iott is reenacting. This is what CNN & his sleazy opponent are exploiting.

Why would anybody have a problem with that? Is it Red Herring season?

It is no question there are a lot of people who still think the Nazi's were right. There was a lot of controversy in those times, Prescott Bush was their banker in the U.S., Lindbergh was a huge supporter and only participated in the Pacific theater. The revulsion of the Nazi's ideals was never the issue it was the fact we went to war with them because they declared war on us after we declared war on Japan. That we were supporting Britain and other European countries wasn't an issue because that had been going on since the thirties.

If Germany had not gone after England and Japan had not started a war with the U.S. American opinion would of kept us out of the whole mess.

Now if he was portraying a Nazi this week and an American next week, I still think the re-enactment thing is nuts, but it would be not big deal.

I would like to see Rove's Nazi memorabilia collection though!

P

phaze

I don't think anyone is disputing his right to do this.

I doubt his involvment in this is anything more than some nerdy war fantasy (he gets to be the bad guy). Certainly, I haven't see any Gibson-ian evidence.

My only point was that no matter what... even if it was for the cause of raising money for fighting childhood cancer... it's not a good political move to be photographed wearing a Nazi SS uniform.

ex.

Let's say some aspiring actor plans on getting into politics... but in the meantime, gets a part as an extra in a 60's civil rights movie.... I would also suggest, it wouldn't be the best political move to be photographed in your "KKK" uniform, smiling with your arms around some similar extras.

B

Boots09

Wait...dude is a republican and MC actually sort of stood up for him...then...MA says he thinks he was'nt doing it just for the history.....WHAT THE!!?? OK..who are you two and what have you done with the real MC & MA !?

Actually its nice to know that sometimes people don't always defend or assume guilt based on a D or R after the name. I think reading this was the high point of my night.. ;)

M

Mee_n_Mac

jim48":3h5lw0yq said:
ZenGalacticore":3h5lw0yq said:
adrenalynn":3h5lw0yq said:
Sorry - I can't take credit for the avatar. It's Kristanna Loken, from a promo poster for Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines

I'm aware of that (because you told us), but it's your avatar, and so now it's "you". Sort of...

Tell ya what. I'll change my avatar to a blond dude with blue eyes, a reasonably healthy build for my age, with a kind of gleam in those eyes that says, "I want to go canoeing in Montana and have a large harem" kind of look.

Please don't, unless you want to score points with CrazyEddie.

Crikey ... I am sooo screwed. Mebbe I should go back to the moose avatar ...

M

MasterComposter

Boots09":2h7fuqdi said:
Wait...dude is a republican and MC actually sort of stood up for him...then...MA says he thinks he was'nt doing it just for the history.....WHAT THE!!?? OK..who are you two and what have you done with the real MC & MA !?

Actually its nice to know that sometimes people don't always defend or assume guilt based on a D or R after the name. I think reading this was the high point of my night.. ;)

MA and I tacitly agreed to switch sides on this one so that we could continue to argue with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts