New Science Fiction/Fantasy Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everlasting

I am a new author promoting a new science fiction<br />novel called Moon Over Key Biscayne. The novel takes<br />a unique look at our struggle to survive on planet earth. <br /> How might global warming affect us in the future, <br />and what can we do to stop it; when it happens. <br /> My website is:<br />http://www.booksandmore.4t.com. My book should<br />be available within the next few months.<br /><br /> <br />

E

everlasting

I just received my book cover proof. It looks great. I have a tentative release date of 7/2/07. <br /><br /><br /> <br /><br />Everlasting <br />Science Fiction/Fantasy Novel <br />Moon Over Key Biscayne

E

everlasting

Brief Excerpt from: Moon over Key Biscayne by Linda Mackall<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />"We need a complete list of all satellite and relay stations around the globe, and contacts to whom we may download the software." General Johnson produced a list, and Breck began to transmit the files to every location. Once the software is installed, Globaltron would have access to all of the satellite power in the world. Breck spent the next several hours downloading the software to satellites, stations and grids around the world. General Johnson wanted to discuss other potential uses of satellite technology with Breck. Since the turn of the twenty-second century, technology had taken on new strides. NASA was recognizing meteors, darkened stars and planets as threats to Earth's survival. NASA had been developing laser technology to avert disasters, and protect the planet from unforeseen attacks. NASA scientists began developing laser stations. These stations had the capacity to target and destroy impending threats from outer space. The only limitation NASA had found with the technology, was how to harness enough power to destroy the threat before it reached Earth. John pulled Breck to the side of the office, and they sat down. "Mr. Marston, I have been giving your proposal a lot of thought. NASA has been researching the use of laser technology in outer space. Do you believe that satellite technology could be instrumental? Most of our research on the subject implements lasers from Earth. If satellite technology could be used. . ." Breck's face froze with amazement. "It would take some research. We would have to design satellite stations with laser capabilities, but I think it may be possible. I will contact Greg Tucker, the president of Globaltron, and see what he thinks," Breck answered. General Johnson patted Breck on the back. "This would be a joint effort with NASA of course. We will offer government c

L

lsbd

That was my thought as well. Also, it.....seems.....kind.....of.....stifff.....and....artificial.....too.<br /><br />no sense of "flow". IMHO

D

datalor

Sorry to be critical also Everlasting, but that needs a lot more work. <br />Dont give up though! Continue writing! Just go back, rewrite, retool, grammer check and all that good stuff. dont take our comments in a mean way. You just need to get the nuts and bolts figured out before you jump into the machine.<br />Best of luck to you. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

everlasting

Why haven't you jumped into the machine?<br /><br />And how do you know that I don't have the nuts and bolts worked out?<br /><br />Have you read the book? The book has paragraphs...<br />This was just a copy and paste of an excerpt.<br /><br />Thanks for the vote of encouragement guys.... <br /><br />Just a Thought<br />____________<br /><br />Everlasting<br /><br />Moon over Key Biscayne<br /><br />http://www.booksandmore.4t.com<br />http://www.bn.com<br />

S

specfiction

I just thought I'd add my two cents because I support new authors on the web. The critique above is civil and respectful. Many SF forums and discussions groups on the web are not. This forum should be congratulated for its civil and enthusiastic discourse of literary SF without recourse to abusing new authors.

E

everlasting

I enjoy this forum, and I have nothing but healthy debate surrounding the air of speculation; that hangs over the rest of the books content. The book contains unique twists, new technology ideas, and techiques that haven't been charted yet. There in lies my interest in a space/astronomy forum.<br /><br />Moon over Key Biscayne is Speculative Science Fiction, with a human side.<br /><br />Everlasting <br /><br />

S

spacefire

I got this off your website. I am a budding SciFi writer myself. Kindly see the corrections and suggestions I made. <br />I respect anyone who puts in the time and effort to write an entire book.<br /><br /><br />"Erica awoke in the glow of a warm spring morning.<br />The sunlight peeked through the drapes of her bungalow.<br />A breeze swirled through the window screen, while the sounds<br />of birds and crickets echoed like a song in the distance.<br /><br />Before retiring to bed the evening before; Erica <font color="red">had</font>watched<br />the news reports, and <font color="red">had</font>listened to a wave of announcements<br />about strange phenomenon's occurring around the globe. <br /><br />She walked across the plush carpet in her bedroom, and<br />peered out the window. In the garden below were flowers.<br />Orange Blossoms, blue Lupines, blue Iris and yellow jasmine.<br />Native flora of the island. The sky was a whirl with<br />rainbow colors; hues of purple, orange, and gray. The sun<br />appeared and peeked through gapes of many ominous clouds.<br /><br /><font color="purple">This is a problem I had - maybe still have in my stories- lack of character development. You should 'see' the garden through Erika's eyes. Tell us what she feels when looking out the window.</font><br /><br />Erica turned on the television, grabbed the remote, and<br />turned to the weather. She had not heard anything about<br />a storm in the forecast. This was to be the beginning of<br />a leisurely vacation week; with her friend Dane Roberts. <br /><br /><font color="purple">don't jump too quickly into what she sees on TV...elaborate a bit about 'Dane Roberts' and the weekend. Get us into it...into Erika's hopes for the weekend. yes it is trivial, but that's what makes writing believable. </font><br /><br /><br />Tom Mason the Channel 5 weather person had a strange and<br />concerned look on his face. He reported power outages that<br />spanned several states <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>http://asteroid-invasion.blogspot.com</p><p>http://www.solvengineer.com/asteroid-invasion.html </p><p> </p> </div>

E

everlasting

A different type of intrigue?<br /><br />I needed something different myself....<br /><br />Everlasting

D

datalor

Everlasting, <br />I certainly meant no disrespect to you, and Im sorry you took it that way. <br />If you put up a piece of literature, and ask others to judge it expect critisim. It may sound harsh, but its the nature of the beast, so to speak. Like any art form ( and I do consider writing an art) it is subject to critical appraisal. <br />By saying get the "nuts and bolts" down I did not mean to imply you are lacking in literary skills, but to suggest you need to fit them better togethor. Its not an insult.<br />Keep on writing, no hard feelings I hope.<br />If you want a bit of silly writing fun, there is a thread in free space now where evryone just posts a 5 word sentence to keep the story going, come on over and join the party! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

everlasting

I think the difference between my writing an other nitty gritty writer's: is their graphic sense of urgency; to portray the dis-memberment of man. I truly seek the triumphant side of man, with aspirations to follow.<br /><br /><br />Just a Thought<br />____________<br /><br /><br />Everlasting

E

everlasting

I would love to see your writing. Maybe you could show me the true inspiration, that inspires you to criticize. I know spending time so deeply involved with science tends to cloud true vision, and possibilites. I think the reader is drawn in by actual current events, wonders and signs from outer space. There are always new ideas, we seek and we shall find...<br /><br />Just a Thought<br />____________<br /><br />Everlasting<br /><br />Moon Over Key Biscayne <br /><br />http://www.booksandmore.4t.com

E

everlasting

"The police cruiser that seemed to tail him for three blocks made Cornelius ‘Core’ Husky sweat in cold shivers, but he kept going straight. It must have been the dark, reflecting windows on his tan colored Hummer – tacky combination, indeed- that got them suspicious, but he never broke the speed limit and "<br /><br />Everyone has their own tastes. Just curioius - What was your inspiration? And when do we get to the plot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts