New solar panels for ISS

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

montmein69

<p>My question is related to the last set of solar panels that the mission STS 119 will deliver to the station.</p><p>The SARJ was repaired (cleaning up, grease) and it seems to well function at this time (any news about that ?)</p><p>With the new set, there will be more mass to move and possibly more stress to the device. Do you think it coul be bad for the good health of the surface of the trundle bearing and cause a possible malfunctionning of the tracking ?</p><p>If that bad event happens - I hope not ... but - ... would'nt be a bigger repair (switch or removing)&nbsp; more difficult ?</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

JonClarke

<p>Well, you need to complete the panel array to achieve the design power.&nbsp; </p><p>Jon</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>My question is related to the last set of solar panels that the mission STS 119 will deliver to the station.The SARJ was repaired (cleaning up, grease) and it seems to well function at this time (any news about that ?)With the new set, there will be more mass to move and possibly more stress to the device. Do you think it coul be bad for the good health of the surface of the trundle bearing and cause a possible malfunctionning of the tracking ?If that bad event happens - I hope not ... but - ... would'nt be a bigger repair (switch or removing)&nbsp; more difficult ?&nbsp; <br />Posted by montmein69</DIV></p><p>The latest repairs to the SARJ have helped the vibration. If the major repair or replacing the join must be performed</p><p>the added mass is not a concern.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.