Next Industrial Revolution: Self-Assembling

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

researchertony

Next Industrial Revolution: <br /> <br />"Nanobots" render billion-dollar Factories Obsolete.<br /> http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/nanotechnology_031208.html <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /> <br />DNA Creates Self-Assembling Nano-Transistor<br /><br />http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20031023231237data_trunc_sys.shtml <br />24 November 2003<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />Nanoscale Computer Built Using Biological Molecules <br /><br />http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20011021190331data_trunc_sys.shtml<br />22 November 2001 <br /><br /><br />http://groups.msn.com/EvolutionBloopersVSGodCreates/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=1286&LastModified=4675495578174823822&all_topics=0

R

researchertony

Darwinian Evolution Verse Intelligent Engineering DNA <br /><br />Some would like to think that simpler life forms came first. But such ideas are never thought out very well. Viruses could never have come before complete cells because it is the complete cells that have the body machinery to create copies, which viruses can not do. Viruses are died with out a host. <br /><br />Self replicating molecules are not a life form, and are simpler then a virus, and can never be more then they are. A bacterium has 100 quadrillion atoms in it's construction. It can made a copy in 90 seconds. A human cell takes about 2 hours. <br /><br />How long does Darwinian Evolution create copies before the first cell could died. Did you say millions of years... Oh my Lord... Says the cell, "I don't think I can live that long to be able to be around for those needed changes to do the changes.<br />___________________________________________<br />When I was web searching I found this in one of the science articles (SYSTEM BIOLOGY). So after that, I did a web search on that instead. It's new, and it is all the research sciences put to gather to try to understand the special effects that are happening on different complexity levels, that do not yet have an understanding or explanation.<br /><br />We are trying to understand a science that has been used to create something greater then we can figure out. There are things that are happening that have no science explanation as yet. We're the ones in the dark, just trying to get up to speed on this new molecular effects that someone else is already been using in his creations.<br /><br />That is why I, Yes I say, "Life is the greatest technology we have ever seem". There is the big campaign to understand it all. Real big money is going into understand and searching out how Living systems work and why.<br />___________________________________________<br /><br />It is important to know what living cells must do to stay alive. <br /> <br />Because everything will br

K

kmarinas86

It amazing how were even born in bodies to begin with. Why am I born in this body and not some other body? If evolution were so easy, the Earth could have had easily has autonomous "humans" without us having to be born in these bodies. Why would this be necessary in Evolution? If evolution, why do humans have conciousness in order to function? Is that really necessary? Why is it like that?<br /><br />Rael - Conciousness, a sense of existence, based on a minority of nerve cells in the human brain.

S

silylene old

Don't get too excited. Nanotechnology is 80% hype, 19% bullsh!t, and 1% reality.<br /><br />As a research PhD chemist working very closely to that field, take my word, this is the case. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

K

kmarinas86

Nanotechology already exists in the form of Biology. However, biology itself is very complex, and it takes weeks upon weeks for weeds to multiply themselves around the field. A lot of nanotech in the future would have to have a performance beyond that of biology. Biology is very slow compared to somethings that are promised by nanotechnology. That is because much more energy (heat) can be used in nanotechnological systems than in biological systems (which cannot be too hot). <br /><br />i guess...

S

silylene old

Self-assembling chemical synthesis will happen sooner, to make simple but useful things like sheets of polymer or artifical diatoms or textured surfaces. In fact, it's starting to happen already.<br /><br />Nanotechnology as most people think of it will be limited to microreactors (for biosynthesis), accelerometers, and specialty (expensive) moving parts. That's about it. The rest is hype and BS. The <i>Impossible Voyage</i> will remain impossible.<br /><br />Nanotechnology as most people don't think about it enables the electronic revolution by photolithographic imaging of incredibly small relief patterns on micro-engineered substrates. Here 3D photoresist images are defined to 40 nm sizes +/- 2 nm (i.e. 20 polymer molecules wide, +/- one polymer molecule), and films are deposited or etched to a precision of a few atoms. This is hapening today, and is building the microprocessors and gigabit DRAMs. My job is designing these imaging chemicals. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts