Night Road Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bloodhound31

There were a few clouds about tonight on new moon, but I thought I would take a drive out of the city anyway and let my God lead.

As it turned out, the sky cleared beautifully. I was just driving along the back roads that skirt the mountains and looking for a nice foreground to frame some widefields.

The tracking station seemed the spot to start while the clouds were still about, but after they cleared the hunt was on. I pulled up several times and set the tripod up with the Canon 400D and an 18-55mm kit lens.

Most of the shots were 30 seconds, but I took a heap of the centre of the MW for a reasonable stack in DSS. It made all the difference.

Fun fun fun..

Baz.

n1xf80.jpg

sb7jb5.jpg

o5or9j.jpg

M

marcel_leonard

bloodhound31":2qf4v1ud said:
There were a few clouds about tonight on new moon, but I thought I would take a drive out of the city anyway and let my God lead.

As it turned out, the sky cleared beautifully. I was just driving along the back roads that skirt the mountains and looking for a nice foreground to frame some widefields.

The tracking station seemed the spot to start while the clouds were still about, but after they cleared the hunt was on. I pulled up several times and set the tripod up with the Canon 400D and an 18-55mm kit lens.

Most of the shots were 30 seconds, but I took a heap of the centre of the MW for a reasonable stack in DSS. It made all the difference.

Fun fun fun..

Baz.

n1xf80.jpg

sb7jb5.jpg

o5or9j.jpg

I have only one question for how do you do it, and how can I get started???

Status
Not open for further replies.