Objective Reality Doesn't Exist, Quantum Experiment Shows

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
A quantum experiment raises deeply philosophical questions about the fundamental nature of reality.

Objective Reality Doesn't Exist, Quantum Experiment Shows : Read more

So why even debate our different perceptions? If you really think deeply about measurements and I mean very deep there all approximations. Of course if you have 1 apple and another that = 2. That's not the type of measurement I'm discussing. I'm discussing lengths and no matter what you say about length you can always increase the decimal association with that measurement. I guess there is no such thing as perfect accuracy is what I'm getting at. A precision tool and instrument can manufacture rulers, but if you measure them atomically you may find discrepancies of different length rulers and that's what I'm talking about. So speculate your perception to us as we take it with a grain of salt lol. :)

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"Reality" is nothing more than consensual agreement about what input we receive through our very limited shared spectrum of information.

However, we seem to be making the best of it and, at least for some time into the future, we don't seem to have much alternative.

So, if someone says "Is this a dagger that I see before me?", and it looks like a dagger, I am content to assume that it is a real dagger.

Cat :)

Jul 1, 2021
Visit site
Hi was reading some more about the double slit experiment and came across below :-

Indeed, the results of both Truscott and Aspect’s experiments shows that a particle’s wave or particle nature is most likely undefined until a measurement is made. The other less likely option would be that of backward causation – that the particle somehow has information from the future – but this involves sending a message faster than light, which is forbidden by the rules of relativity.
unquote

So in a previous question, I wondered how a particle could know its being observed or not , because the detector was unplugged. This is fascinating, to a non scientist, especially hinting at the particle pre-knowing that the plug , "would" , be disconnected, ; or am I misunderstanding what was written. ?

many thanks and best regards

Latest posts