Oh No! The Colors of the Universe! And the arrows!

Just now came to my mind's eye as usual. Why white holes versus black holes, white (hot) as opposed to black (cold), and the arrows this way and that way! Quickly as I have little time (The wife and chores . . . family coming to visit . . . don't you know).

Blue shift, to blue-black, to black (hole), this way coming, arrow this way pointing! Future Positive (+) (Close up, hurry up!)
Red shift, to red-white, to white (hole), that way, away, going, arrow that way, away, pointing! Past Negative (-) (Open up, slow down!)

That's all for now, I HOPE! Got to go! I hope it's enough because some know it, or in part know it, deep down already.

Last edited:
Reactions: billslugg
I'm very surprised anyone let me go that far in the wrong direction before making changes. I've changed the opener to what I really see as what "is!" The arrow of red shift progresses away! to white hot, as in white hole, not white cold. Blue shift to black, as in black hole, equal but opposite and this way the arrow points. I don't see the Electroweak force (I see its magnetic monopole as producing the famous point singularity, being the point-singularity, attributed to some ultra-supergravity I don't see as existing)., and the temperatures and colorations of the universe, quite the same way it seems most do.

I made the change reversing it; exchanged the picture mirrored.

Reactions: billslugg
My general take on the "color of the universe" is that it's mostly comprised of blue light, though too dim to see. Most of the universe is empty space, but in that space are small particles, mostly hydrogen (atomic and molecular).

Since light scatters to the 4th power of frequency, then more blue light will scatter our way than any other color. Violet scatters slightly more, but most stars emit far more blue light than violet.

If, however, the scattering takes place over and over before reaching us, then the net color effect would become a color closer to that of the emitters, mostly white. [The red dwarfs, though more numerous, are too weak to contribute much, IMO.]

The long exposures seen in the EHDF suggests there just isn't enough there to talk about a general color for space, unless they used a blue filter to show us black space. ;)

Latest posts