Old Sci Fi Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aen1585

Can someone tell me the name of a Sci-Fi movie about a man that tried to commit suicide at the instant a lab experiment went wrong and he awoke to find only a few people were alive, all of which had died at the same insant. I believe the movie was based in Australia. In the movie the man hooks up with a women and tried to avert another catastrophe in time-space by driving a truck of explosives into something.

V

vogon13

Quiet Earth.<br /><br />It took place in New Zealand.<br /><br />Excellent movie all the way through, and the final shot of the movie is stunning.<br /><br />I bought a (probably bootleg) disk from e-bay and just enjoyed the heck out of it.<br /><br />If you liked Quiet Earth, you will probably like Dark City too.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

M

Mee_n_Mac

Wow ! Thanks for the info. I had seen part of this movie (missed the start) quite some years ago and had forgotten most of it except for the basics of the plot. I've had the visual image shown on the cover (see IMDB) in my brain but have never been able to figure out what movie it was. I'll have to go see if I can find it now. As I recall is was pretty good and not the SFX extravaganza we'd see now-a-days. I have a vague memory that the ending was something a bit ironic (and relates to the aforementioned cover graphic). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

V

vogon13

The interesting twist to the movie (for me) was that the 3 characters were not sure if something weird had happened to them, or everyone else on earth.<br /><br />I won't spoil it here . . . <br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

N

nikki1221

Can someone please help me figure out an old movie? I believe it's from the 80's and on the cover is a half man half tank in the lower left corner and a ninja in the upper right corner holding a sword. I have no clue what the name is. =(

L

lsbd

wow, that's really not much to go on. remember anything else?<br /><br />but with a man-tank and a ninja in it, you can pretty much bet it SUCKED<br />

N

nikki1221

I think the ninja and half tank man were saving someone and the ninja had to jump through a big moving fan. This is what my husband told me. He is actually the one trying to find the movie. Sorry I don't know more.

J

jmilsom

I think it may be Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend<br /><br />It is an incredibly weird Japanese manga film. I saw it once on our multi-cultural movies channel. In the final scene, a weird group of characters including a half man-half tank creature walk off into the sunset. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts