Please read before posting revolutionary theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ramparts

Dear Budding Einsteins of SPACE.com:

Before posting your groundbreaking new theory of the universe, we request that you first calculate your rank on the Baez Index, which can be found here:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

For the board's convenience, please state your score at the beginning of your post.

Best,

ramparts

B

bdewoody

What's your score? Before asking us to get ours we should all know yours.

D

darkmatter4brains

ramparts":2pbtkwbp said:
Dear Budding Einsteins of SPACE.com:

Before posting your groundbreaking new theory of the universe, we request that you first calculate your rank on the Baez Index, which can be found here:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

For the board's convenience, please state your score at the beginning of your post.

Best,

ramparts

haha, I got a perfect score, full points on every question. I guess that means I'll be getting the Nobel prize soon.

R

ramparts

bdewoody":1w2wrs34 said:

Um, 0, I suppose. Have you read the quiz? It's not like an intelligence test that everyone can just answer - you have to be ultra-special and have some ground-breaking new theory of physics for it to apply ;) I don't have such a thing, either because I'm an idiot, or because I realize physics is actually hard and new theories tend not to come from non-experts on internet forums.

B

bdewoody

ramparts":1k5tw340 said:
bdewoody":1k5tw340 said:

Um, 0, I suppose. Have you read the quiz? It's not like an intelligence test that everyone can just answer - you have to be ultra-special and have some ground-breaking new theory of physics for it to apply ;) I don't have such a thing, either because I'm an idiot, or because I realize physics is actually hard and new theories tend not to come from non-experts on internet forums.
Read it took the quiz my score is -5

R

ramparts

:lol: good point. I was considering that, but I think you get -5 for starting, and I have yet to start. This quiz is not (as yet) applicable to me. I can only hope that when I do have some great new theory, my score will also be -5.

A

andrew_t1000

I didn't realise this site was solely for professionals.
That's a shame, because it would be nice to discuss some of the experiments I have done and continue to do.
I guess we amateurs have nothing to contribute, hmm, wasn't Clyde Tombaugh an amateur until he discovered Pluto? And Percival Lovell, his field was mathematics and geo-political science.

Many discoveries have been made by dedicated amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts