Possible cause of cosmological redshift observations?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

rod

Oct 22, 2019
Look at the math used in the paper I cited. Einstein admitted that ASC could give the same results :) All measurements of c are two-way velocity measurements, not one-way. :)

rod

Oct 22, 2019
Helio, I do like SR or ESC vs. ASC. It is only recently that I started to understand ASC and implications in astronomy. It is intriguing. An object like M31, the Andromeda galaxy, there is no one-way speed of c measurement (thus no definite clock measurement of light-time to earth from M31) but some may argue for alpha fine structure constant, however ASC could give this too. There are folks exploring the whole issue now. The paper I cited is an example. The big problem, millions and billions of years of light-time in the universe could collapse using ASC. If ESC is used, all that long, light-time to earth can be maintained.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020
If round trip measurements are required, is the new standard for the meter, based on the speed of light, dependent on the direction it is done. What am I missing?

Reactions: rod

rod

Oct 22, 2019
From what I understand about ASC, it is always the round-trip time for velocity of c and so long as that round-trip time = c, that is what you will observe and measure. The one-way trip time can be very different in ASC vs. ESC or SR. Remember, various groups are now exploring this in astronomy, I anticipate more reports coming out but will wait and see Helio. You know as well as I do that there is no one-way velocity measurement of c from M31 to earth, the light-time used in astronomy is based upon SR interpretation, not ASC which the one-way trip time to earth can be very different. Part of the problem, Einstein acknowledged this and apparently in astronomy, that is not common knowledge today. Let me clear though, I prefer SR or ESC solution in all of this, it makes things easier :)

Last edited:

rod

Oct 22, 2019
Helio, in SR a photon traveling at c does not experience time, t=0. In theory, that photon can exist everywhere in the universe at the same time :)

Helio, in SR a photon traveling at c does not experience time, t=0. In theory, that photon can exist everywhere in the universe at the same time :)
Does that not mean that all Cartesian coordinates shrink to zero?

Sorry. I am not a mathematician, and only a part-time philosopher.

Cat :)

And Rod, me auld mate, does not "a photon traveling at c does not experience time," My emphasis.
Does this not sound a teeny bit anthropomorphic?

I did not quite understand the double negative.

Cat :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts