Possible cause of cosmological redshift observations?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Helio, I do like SR or ESC vs. ASC. It is only recently that I started to understand ASC and implications in astronomy. It is intriguing. An object like M31, the Andromeda galaxy, there is no one-way speed of c measurement (thus no definite clock measurement of light-time to earth from M31) but some may argue for alpha fine structure constant, however ASC could give this too. There are folks exploring the whole issue now. The paper I cited is an example. The big problem, millions and billions of years of light-time in the universe could collapse using ASC. If ESC is used, all that long, light-time to earth can be maintained.

Last edited:
From what I understand about ASC, it is always the round-trip time for velocity of c and so long as that round-trip time = c, that is what you will observe and measure. The one-way trip time can be very different in ASC vs. ESC or SR. Remember, various groups are now exploring this in astronomy, I anticipate more reports coming out but will wait and see Helio. You know as well as I do that there is no one-way velocity measurement of c from M31 to earth, the light-time used in astronomy is based upon SR interpretation, not ASC which the one-way trip time to earth can be very different. Part of the problem, Einstein acknowledged this and apparently in astronomy, that is not common knowledge today. Let me clear though, I prefer SR or ESC solution in all of this, it makes things easier :)

Last edited:

Latest posts