Progress/Soyuz at the ISS

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonClarke

"Lets see, the US public has been hearing STS numbers for 25 years. NASA bagan using ISS numbers from day one but most reporters still use the STS number because they are used to it. The majority of the US has only been hearing about Progresses for 6-7 years."<br /><br />That is no excuse for not getting it right.<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

M

mrmorris

Does anyone know if there are any plans to add more docking ports to the ISS? Given that there have been talks of having a second Soyuz lifeboat permanently stationed there once the additional laboratories are in place, and with the ATV on the horizon -- the current stock of three probe&drogue ports are going to become gridlocked.

C

CalliArcale

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>That is no excuse for not getting it right. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />Quite true, of course, but bear in mind that this is the mass media we're talking about. They screw up stuff all the time when it comes to science, so I'm pretty sure this is plain ignorance, not cultural bias or anything. I won't soon forget the informative crawl CNN ran after the Columbia accident announcing that the vehicle had been travelling 15 times the speed of light.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

E

erioladastra

"That is no excuse for not getting it right"<br /><br />Agree, but I am tickeled pink when they even report something other than problem, scandal, crises etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.