Question about Collimating my scope

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TahaSiddiqui

<p>Hello everyone, I just have a question about how to align the primary mirror. Actually first of all, i'm not completely sure it needs collimating yet. When i look at the focuser I see the not centered (its more in the top left). However, when I see a star and its out of focus, the black kind of circle seems to be in the middle. Anyways, I was reading a celestron manual book thing, and it was saying that you would need to align the primary if you're lookin through the focuser and you see the black circle anywhere but the middle. The secondary seems a bit off, but it looks WAY easier since there are only 3 screws on the front end of the telescope that i'm sure its suppose to be used for. However, the primary mirror has about 9 screws on the back end, which makes it complicating which one is appropriate for collimating. There are three that are black small screws, three that are silver small screws and 3 larger nob shaped ones. I'm guessing its the bigger ones, but I want to make sure. Here is a link of celestrons manual for my telescope.</p><p>http://www.celestron.com/c2/images/files/downloads/1180626153_astromaster2106.pdf</p><p>P.S go to page 21 to see each of the three screws on the end of the scope.</p><p>THANKS EVERYONE,&nbsp;:)</p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hello everyone, I just have a question about how to align the primary mirror. Posted by TahaSiddiqui</DIV></p><p>Again, I will suggest the link in Cassini12's thread. While the manufacturer gives the "procedure" for your scope, I believe this link gives a bit more understanding of the process:</p><p>http://www.andysshotglass.com/Collimating.html</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts