Question about Gemini and Apollo Hardware in Orbit

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davf

Excellent question and I wish I had a good photo of it. Voskhod 2 is in the Energia museum but they have attached either a mock-up or back-up airlock to the hatch so we couldn't see the details. I believe the spacecraft hatch was hinged and rotated inwards to the spacecraft but how it was secured, or whether there was a 'hatch within a hatch', I have no idea. (This is turning into one of those 'why did I bother posting' posts fast... LOL! )

D

davf

See, your question is exactly the kind of question I like to ask and people look at me like I'm nuts. My point, however, was that my post didn't even come close to answering your question... it was just taking up some space and moving me back out of the quantum foam. LOL!! I hate getting these questions when all my stuff is packed away!!! Grrrr!! Only another month.....

T

thecolonel

It's excellent especially for the novice astronomer. Rather than having to wrestle with the right ascension and declination on that spinning wheel, starchart thingy... you just have to look at the screen (realtime) and look up at the sky to get your bearings and find objects.<br /><br />It also has a great zoom in feature as well as the ability to fast forward so you can pick out objects (satellites) that you might want to see and get ready for them ahead of time. I highly recommend it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts