QUestion on distamce

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trisco

your perception of the light you see is relitive to the gravity field you are in. kinda like if you are in a moving car, the soda in the bottle next to you looks stationary to you but its moving if youre standing on the road.

B

ben89

in respund to trisco so the rainbow i"m percieving to be an arch but its actualy flat on the ground due to gravity?

N

nexium

Benny is correct, the Sun's orbit is almost a circle, but 2% closer means Earth gets 4% more energy from the sun. These amounts are enough different to be important in some studies, besides some of us like to strain at a gnat while we swallow a camel.<br />To go for the ultiment gnat, there are no circular orbits, as all are parts per billion, or considerably eliptical with extra parts per trillion lumps caused by the gravity of other bodies in our solar system. Neil

D

dark_energy

Rainbows are curved because only water droplets that form the right angle between the sun, the drop, and you are part of the rainbow. This angle is to be around 40 degrees. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

ben89

thank u 2 poster:nexium Neil/ i knew i was right in some way tho i apreciate all the input form everyone. sorry i couldnt thank u sooner cuz the weekend is when i get alot of hours working at mcdonadls/ the rest of my time im busy at school

B

ben89

to respunder dark-enrgy/ thank u but i admit i dont follow ur explaination. would apreciate it if u could take it step by step thank u

B

ben89

thanks a milion 2 Shlappdidraam 4 this elongated explaination/ it wouldve helped our club alot 2 weeks ago when we disgust it and the kidz were close to tears tryin 2 understand it y,all/<br /><br />i also thank shilapadkaram 4 the info on the reinbow tho i still dont understamd how its arching if gravity should pull it flat like a pancake

B

ben89

thankx 2 SVNsmilells 4 the donut. the picture donut that is, r u sayin its a round thing not just half/<br /><br />but we see only the upper up half?

B

ben89

thank u mr Shilppadkarim finally a explaination i understand/ your very smart in picturing this 4 me<br />

S

siarad

The higher you go the more circular the rainbow. I used to have a picture of a complete circular one

Y

yevaud

True.<br /><br />Here's a picture taken from a plane flying over Nullarbor, Australia. Very interesting effect. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

B

ben89

thanxk siarad and mr Yevaud that pic says it clear 4 me/ it was hard 4 me to imagine a circle rainbow b4 but now its posible<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts