Ray Bradbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim48

Saw this in USA Today: "Bradbury's '451' burst into pictures. Graphic novel gets his nod. Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation follows Francois Truffaut's 1966 film, stage and radio productions and a video game version. The title refers to the temperature at which books burn."

They have tried but have yet to do justice to Bradbury on film, IMO. No one can hold a candle to him. To a young generation out there I say read Ray Bradbury! What he writes could be called science fiction, I suppose, but he's in a class of his own.

S

StarRider1701

To a young generation out there I say read Ray Bradbury!

I agree. These days he's considered one of the Classic Masters of SF. I grew up reading his books and would recommend him to anyone who loves Science Fiction.

D

doublehelix

At my undergrad graduation ceremony, we gave him an honorary doctorate. He called us "little sh*ts". What a guy! :lol: (I didn't take any offense).

I love his stories,
-dh

J

jim48

doublehelix":30hnes0r said:
At my undergrad graduation ceremony, we gave him an honorary doctorate. He called us "little sh*ts". What a guy! :lol: (I didn't take any offense).

I love his stories,
-dh

Tell us more! Where did you go to school? What else did Bradbury have to say?

D

docm

My first exposure to him was the short story "The Pedestrian", along with the other stories in The Golden Apples of the Sun. What an awakening!!

D

doublehelix

jim48":1n9f1zsc said:
doublehelix":1n9f1zsc said:

I love his stories,
-dh

Tell us more! Where did you go to school? What else did Bradbury have to say?

I went to the California Institute of the Arts; I graduated in the early 90s. It's hard to remember, but in addition to jokingly calling us what he did, he basically encouraged us as artists. He seemed like a nice guy, too, though slightly amused that this crazy art school would give him an honorary doctorate. :lol:

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts