Recent Trek Movie Question (Minor Spoiler Warning)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OleNewt

Kirk and Spock both take permanent dirt naps in the novel universe. Kirk even gets body-snatched by a couple of deranged Romulan lovers who made a devil-deal with the local borg. They then reanimated his body, stuffed him with implants like Picard, and sent him to assassinate the TNG crew. Undead borg-Kirk took out Worf, LaForge, and I believe the Crushers before anyone caught on, then the remaining crew went all spy-commando to defeat the bad guys.

Federation black-ops sounded really, really cool.

D

drwayne

OleNewt":2jpe6816 said:
Kirk and Spock both take permanent dirt naps in the novel universe. Kirk even gets body-snatched by a couple of deranged Romulan lovers who made a devil-deal with the local borg. They then reanimated his body, stuffed him with implants like Picard, and sent him to assassinate the TNG crew. Undead borg-Kirk took out Worf, LaForge, and I believe the Crushers before anyone caught on, then the remaining crew went all spy-commando to defeat the bad guys.

Federation black-ops sounded really, really cool.

The story that you refer to evolves over a number of books that Shatner contributed to, referred in some
circles as the "Shatnerverse"

They actually did not use implants like Picard, rather they employed "nanobots".
There is also an interesting aspect of Kirk later falling in love with, and having a son with a young lady
who is a Romulan/Klingon/Terran hybrid.

Y

yevaud

drwayne":3cb8xudo said:
There is also an interesting aspect of Kirk later falling in love with, and having a son with a young lady
who is a Romulan/Klingon/Terran hybrid.

Yeah, I read that book. And the various sequels.

D

drwayne

I guess I should file that under - guilty pleasures - but I enjoyed several of them as well.

I enjoy books where Kirk and Picard interact.

Y

yevaud

Ah, then you must have read the King of all of those types of Novels. Federation by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. An astoundingly well written novel.

G

Gravity_Ray

I really enjoyed this movie. I loved all the characters, and they were all spot on with some of the mannerisms of the old crew. Kirk , Spok, Bones, Sulu, Chekov, but not so much Uhura (she was different to me, but still good). Is this the first time they explain the bones nickname?.

I have watched this movie many times now, and it’s still fresh. I also loved the way they killed the red shirt guy.

I think the temporal cops basically just stay the hell away from the Enterprise. Seems that the more they touch it the worst things get. Best to leave that ship alone.

I was shocked the first time I saw it that they wiped out Vulcan, but I’m better now...

Thanks for all the people that put stuff from the DVD in this thread, LOL that explained alot of the stuff I didnt get in the movie. I guess I should get the DVD.

D

drwayne

Given the shock Spock experienced when the Intrepid was destroyed in the original series,
it is hard to see how either Spock was functional AT ALL when all of Vulcan was destroyed.

D

drwayne

yevaud":1p4yr7zf said:
Ah, then you must have read the King of all of those types of Novels. Federation by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. An astoundingly well written novel.

Yes, I very much enjoyed that book. It is well up on my favorites list, in the same league as "Ship Of The Line"

D

drwayne

There are also several good Scotty cross over novels, one in which he takes a Constellation class museum ship
(in NexGen timeline) into Romulan space to save Spock, and one in which a grief stricken Scotty puts a shuttle through
a time warp to rescue Kirk from the Nexus...in the latter there are some interesting interactions between Kirk and
Picard, in which Picard admits to being jealous that Scotty put himself (and the universe as it turns out) though such
risk to save Kirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts