Reflectors in space could make solar farms on Earth work for longer every day

That has to be one of the worse ideas I have ever read. Can this idea be serious? I thought the danger was warming?

What is the best that we can do now.......22 or 23% conversion. The remaining 77% will be converted into heat.

This does not compute. Unless we are in an ice age.

Yes, this is a horribly bad idea from many aspects, cost, damage to the dark skies inhibiting our ability to detect incoming asteroids. There are other, much better, sources of energy, namely nuclear, thermal drilling.

That has to be one of the worse ideas I have ever read. Can this idea be serious? I thought the danger was warming?

What is the best that we can do now.......22 or 23% conversion. The remaining 77% will be converted into heat.

This does not compute. Unless we are in an ice age.
I was thinking something similar, but dismissed the thought. That was before you mentioned how low solar panel efficiency was. And that assumes the entire ground is covered in solar panels. Not to mention that as the mirror rotates, it's going to illuminate random parts of the earth. But they said the light would be dimmer than an overcast day, and only last 15 min per mirror.

So would it be greener than burning coal? I can't say. Is it way less effective than burning coal until we have better batteries and/or switch to nuclear? Yes. Will it cost an imperial ton more than conventional methods? Also yes.

I think coal is the best energy source we have. And apparently India and China think the same way.

There are many advantages over oil and gas. And over nuclear and green energy.

Coal will remain King. I love the smell of coal in the morning.

I think coal is the best energy source we have. And apparently India and China think the same way.

There are many advantages over oil and gas. And over nuclear and green energy.

Coal will remain King. I love the smell of coal in the morning.
Coal is established....that's why it is a go-to; there are waaaaay to many entities involved to be messing with it's status. Laziness and fear: two things MAN has created, and seems to adore.

Latest posts