Report: NASA inspector general not catching enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianSlee

<p>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_sc/nasa_watchdog</p><div class="yn-story-content"><p>WASHINGTON &ndash; Congressional auditors say that <span class="yshortcuts">NASA</span>'s in-house financial watchdog is doing little to unearth waste and abuse at the space agency.</p><p><span class="yshortcuts">The Government Accountability Office</span> compared <span class="yshortcuts">NASA's inspector general</span> to 27 other federal agencies and found it next to last, according to a report obtained by The Associated Press. NASA's financial watchdog saved taxpayers only 36 cents for every dollar their department spent, the new report says. The average for <span class="yshortcuts">federal inspectors general</span> was $9.49......</p><p>No wonder we are stuck in LEO</p><p>&nbsp;</p></div> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

D

docm

Another one of those $$$$ pieces of research that most anyone could determine from reading the news. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts