Requiem for Krypton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim48

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <font size="2">Was the planet Krypton really destroyed? Is it still there? I'm too young to remember... I was just an infant, rocketed to Earth. Y'all out there have some really good telescopes. What's out there? I should&nbsp;journey out to&nbsp;look myself but I'm always busy here on Earth.</font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<font color="#ff0000">&nbsp; Was the planet Krypton really destroyed? Is it still there? I'm too young to remember... I was just an infant, rocketed to Earth. Y'all out there have some really good telescopes. What's out there? I should&nbsp;journey out to&nbsp;look myself but I'm always busy here on Earth. <br /> Posted by jim48</font></DIV></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Hi jim48,</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>I have just moved this thread here, as this is referring to Superman, & Superman is science fiction & not really belong in a hard Astronomy / Space science forum such as Ask The Astonomer.</strong></font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>Andrew Brown.&nbsp;</strong></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080">"I suddenly noticed an anomaly to the left of Io, just off the rim of that world. It was extremely large with respect to the overall size of Io and crescent shaped. It seemed unbelievable that something that big had not been visible before".</font> <em><strong><font color="#000000">Linda Morabito </font></strong><font color="#800000">on discovering that the Jupiter moon Io was volcanically active. Friday 9th March 1979.</font></em></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://www.launchphotography.com/</font><br /><br /><font size="1" color="#000080">http://anthmartian.googlepages.com/thisislandearth</font></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://web.me.com/meridianijournal</font></p> </div>

V

vogon13

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Was the planet Krypton really destroyed? Is it still there? I'm too young to remember... I was just an infant, rocketed to Earth. Y'all out there have some really good telescopes. What's out there? I should&nbsp;journey out to&nbsp;look myself but I'm always busy here on Earth. <br /> Posted by jim48</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The budget did not allow for destroying the real planet Krypton.&nbsp; They used a stand-in asteroid, TGH-986, for the destruction scenes in the movie.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

10_stone_5

<p><font size="2" color="#000080">Old Krypton - Jor-El <strong><u>MISTAKENLY</u></strong> said he had been dead for "many <strong><u>THOUSANDS</u></strong> of your earth years."</font></p><p><font size="2" color="#000080">This is a Brando improv - pure and simple !</font></p><p><font size="2" color="#000080">Old Krypton was in some other galaxy, so it really would have been many <strong><u>MILLIONS</u></strong> of earth years.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="2" color="#000080">New Krypton - a <strong><u>RELATIVE</u></strong> (get it!) hop, skip and a jump at only 50 l.y.o.</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><strong></strong></em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts