Roads on Mars?

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Just to the south of the current helicopter position, there are double linear features, that look like the remains of walls along the lines of roads, there are T Junctions and long straight sections. I hope these will be investigated.

Reactions: josefnspace

Wolfshadw

Assuming you're referring to these features, obviously not roads. Not sure what they are, but certainly not roads.

uQP21Vh.jpg

-Wolf sends

I don't know if the perseverance rover took samples of the rocks but it looks like there was a salty ocean before it was instantly boil away by some sort of intense heat leaving some parts that look like salts deposit.

Reactions: Clovis
Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Where I live we have country lanes lined by stone walls, if these were neglected for a long period of time I would expect to see something like this. I estimate the gap between the 'walls' to be around 2 Metres (2 Yards). New slightly more zoomed out marked up version of the image, or there would be if I could figure out how to upload an image?

Wolfshadw

Space.com does not host images on their site. You need to use a third party image hosting site (I use imgur.com) to upload your images and then copy and paste the link to them here.

-Wolf sends

P.S. I agree with your 2 meter width assessment (yes, I am US based).

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Imagination is a wonderful thing. Remember those "hand shaped" areas in South America which were claimed to be alien 'airports'? They turned out to be not much larger than hand prints. Perhaps tiny aliens? Sadly, some people seem to see shapes in natural features and superimpose the first thing which comes to mind.

Cat :)

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Space.com does not host images on their site. You need to use a third party image hosting site (I use imgur.com) to upload your images and then copy and paste the link to them here.

-Wolf sends

P.S. I agree with your 2 meter width assessment (yes, I am US based).
Ok thanks for the info, sounds a bit clunky! I will try with my google account?

Wolfshadw

Nope. Never set up a link that requires a user to login.

-Wolf sends

P.S. Just created this thread on how I upload images to my posts. Yes, it may seem clunky, but it works for me.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
Just to the south of the current helicopter position, there are double linear features, that look like the remains of walls along the lines of roads, there are T Junctions and long straight sections. I hope these will be investigated.

If I were given to fanciful interpretations of geological (Arelogical?) features, I'd be more interested in these "Nazca lines" about 1.5 km to the southwest:
View: https://imgur.com/p7Unw88

These double ridges aren't unique in the solar system. There are probably thousands of km of these on Europe. [Here]

Roads aren't built as seen on Mars, These would be better argued as canals, and it would make Perceval Lowell pleased, perhaps. But these are obviously geological formations.

I find the Mickey Mouse crater more entertaining. :)

Latest posts