Roads on Mars?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Looks more like it is at a construction site.
VonDaniken's photos didn't have a scale either.
The circular 'saucer' berths were actually3 feet in diameter.
Although, you did get people speculating.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Imagination is a wonderful thing. Remember those "hand shaped" areas in South America which were claimed to be alien 'airports'? They turned out to be not much larger than hand prints. Perhaps tiny aliens? Sadly, some people seem to see shapes in natural features and superimpose the first thing which comes to mind.

Cat :)
I agree with Catastrophe. Just because we want something to be true, does not make it so. I am always open to new ideas and new findings. But the ones about rivers on Mars simply do not hold water for me. And the ones that claim that they are roads, are just too hard for my imagination to try to traverse.

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Quote NASA page
"We will be imaging Raised Ridges because it’s an area that Perseverance scientists find intriguing and are considering visiting sometime in the future. "

I like this thread, but I don't want to be repetitive, for this reason I will not talk about the uncountable reasons why these rows can't be roads or other man-made (or in this case "alien-made") objects.
One thing I want to ask: why do we humans always believe that aliens are like us?
Firstly, we don't know wheather they were truly existed on Mars, secondly we don't even know in which form they could have existed...
BTW aliens on Mars could also have been as clever as sheep for instance, and this is something we have to take into account. Aliens don't have to be as clever as us or even better...

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
‘Not my Imagination’.
Scientists on wishes to become a scientist.

Not more than 30% students realize, how creative and imaginative it is)

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
What I meant was:

"Around this time seven years ago I was trying to figure out a topic for my Master’s thesis. It could have been anything at all, so long as it fit under the wide umbrella of science writing. After a few dead ends (sumo wrestling, Amish science) I finally chose to write about the hunt for life on Mars."

Master's thesis in what?

Cat :)

Jul 30, 2021
Visit site
Undoubtedly, space exploration is important - this is a step into the future, but it is also important in what state our planet is in. How can we colonize other planets if we destroy life on ours?
The environmental problem is becoming more acute every year. I am sure you have already heard what kind of situation on Earth and what our indifference led to.
But with each new company with an environmental focus, the chances are greater for a better future on Earth and beyond. Every day I am interested in the news and companies, what they can do and what their goals are.
I liked Dragonfly's ambition and environmental direction, they understand the importance of Earth exploration and for this, they invented the DRAGONEYE IMAGER, incredibly glad there are such inventions. I will leave a link so that you can read more about this and form your opinion on the invention.

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
Assuming you're referring to these features, obviously not roads. Not sure what they are, but certainly not roads.

uQP21Vh.jpg

-Wolf sends
Just to the south of the current helicopter position, there are double linear features, that look like the remains of walls along the lines of roads, there are T Junctions and long straight sections. I hope these will be investigated.
This looks similar to (for lack of a better term) holes in pluff mud. In the marshes around Charleston, SC (and I'm sure marshes everywhere) small marine life will burrow in the mud. Air pockets are created beneath the mud, but when they escape they leave small indentations in the mud. I think this is probably some sort of ancient river bed that contained gaseous pockets beneath the surface that eventually rose to the surface pushing the soil away and leaving an indentation in the soil.

The Romans had stone bounderys along they're roads and they are still there. The Appian Way. Was one of the earliest examples of an early well made road. Connecting Rome to Brindisi.

If there were once Martians. Apparently they weren't all that advanced.
But like with Rome, the roads are still there. I would think they would be covered up with sand. As for the stop light, space junk from previous missions. Or photo shopped.

Last edited:

Latest posts