SDC server performance, or lack there of for space.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LKD

Can someone tell me what is going on with the web site, and how things are moving a LOT slower then they used to?

Is this being addressed to anyone's knowledge? I am disappointed when I wish to check on something and have to plan ahead by opening it up in a new window and come back to it after about 5 minutes.

D

doublehelix

Re: SDC server performance, or lack there of

Are you talking about the main Space.com site or the Forums?

-dh

P.S. I'm moving this to Community Talkback.

Y

yevaud

LKD, frankly that sounds far more like a virus or ISP issue, not SDC. The recent changes have increased speed and performance, and until this, I have heard or read zero negatives.

Have you virus-scanned your PC?

L

LKD

Everything works perfectly fine, and full computer virus scans run once a week.

This occurs at home and work, and my apologies for not specifying that I mean Space.com, and not the forums which run very well for me.

I edited the topic title to correct my error.

D

dragon04

He's not the only one to experience lag/slowdown/stoppage. On occasion, it takes several minutes for pages to load on SDC. I don't experience this difficulty on any other websites; yes, I make sure it's not happening elsewhere when it occurs here.

I suppose I could log dates and times if the issue would actually be investigated.

Y

yevaud

Actually, that'd be helpful, yeah.

I have been on late-night a lot, and have had very fast page loads, and no more witching hour lag anymore.

A

a_lost_packet_

I've had some intermittent problems, here and there. But, I haven't checked anything except to ensure I have normal connection status.

L

LKD

Lately, it's been any time Mon-Fri between 9am and 4pm est.

Loading up the articles isn't too bad, within 30 seconds worst case; but comments, which have a lot of great material I like to read, take at least 30 secs and up to 2 minutes.

S

StarRider1701

yevaud":lbwgqoot said:
Actually, that'd be helpful, yeah.

I have been on late-night a lot, and have had very fast page loads, and no more witching hour lag anymore.

I have noticed that "witching hour" lag isn't as bad as it used to be. Of course, it don't happen on the weekends anyway...

But, I too have noticed some problems getting to the site and logged on, for example last night (Friday 3/19) at around 10 pm EST. It took so long to get from home page to log on screen that I gave up without looging on and went elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts