Search for intelligent aliens explores new radio-frequency realms

From the paper cited, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/1538-3881/acf9f5

"In this survey at 110–190 MHz, observations of 1,631,198 targets from TESS and Gaia are reported."

The NASA exoplanet archive site shows 4125 distinct star names listed for the known stars with exoplanets, https://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/index.html

Did all 4125 stars in the list get scanned for ET phoning home? Those stars show 5535 exoplanets confirmed now. 398 TESS exoplanets are confirmed at the NASA site.

The 398 confirmed TESS exoplanets show 309 unique star names.

Edit. The reference paper does state about TESS list, "We report observations toward 44 unique targets from the TESS catalog in this study, where each target was observed for 15 minutes. Figure 1 shows the distribution of these targets observed in comparison to the pool of all TESS TOIs."

Also from the paper, "2. Observations This study encompasses a total of 44 targeted pointings, where each pointing consists of a 15 minute scan centered on specific targets selected from the TESS catalog, focusing on confirmed or candidate exoplanets (refer to Figure 1). The entire observation campaign spanned a duration of 11 hr, covering an area of 232 deg2 in the northern sky."

My thoughts. Surveys like this *look important* when some folks claim UFO/UAPs are coming from other star systems to visit Earth. Apparently, no confirmation that ET is buzzing Earth or beaming out messages across space from other star systems is established presently.

Have they found many signals in space with those frequencies? I always thought those frequencies would be few and weak. It appears that space is so large, that for EM communication, one is going to need a lot of power. Nature does this by using multiple emitters and emitting a flux. The flux can superposition and acquire the intensity and power needed.

But for lower frequencies, much larger collective structures for the proper wavelength are needed. How large of a structure do you think a plasma will allow.....and for how long?

To call it a radio signal the F must be constant and have repeatable duration. Otherwise, it's just static.

Static is all the superposition of EM, at point of detection. Or at any point in space.

All radio emissions should be much weaker then any light source. Organized structure with the dimension needed would be rare, in my opinion.

But if I had a low frequency receiver array on the far side of moon, I might be pleasantly surprised.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Intelligent lifeforms observing the earth do not wish contact. They do not want to be discovered. They would not use a frequency or a form of communication we could understand. Our science is primitive in comparison.