See a naked-eye comet at its closest to the sun on Thursday (Jan. 12)

I observed this comet again, early today (10-Jan-2023).

Observed 0145-0345 EST/0645-0840 UT. Waning gibbous Moon in Leo this morning, very bright. Last Quarter Moon 15-Jan-2023 0210 UT. Near 0150 EST I observed a bright meteor streak across the sky from Arcturus location moving WNW. Estimate apparent magnitude -1.0 and it left a train behind, illuminated by bright moonlight. This may have been a late Quadrantid meteor. They streak at about 41 km/s. I picked out the comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) using 10x50 binoculars near 0200 EST. Faint fuzzy. The 90-mm refractor telescope provided better views. I observed from 25x to 71x. At 25x, the comet and star Kappa CrB visible in the eyepiece FOV. Kappa CrB near 7:00 position, the comet fuzzy near 2:00 position, north up and mirror reverse view. They were separated by about 64 arcminutes according to Stellarium 1.2. There was a distinct double star visible too, HIP77252 double star. The double star ~ 41 arcminute angular separation from C/2022 E3 (ZTF). At 71x, the comet had more coma and some tail visible. The lower power view at 25x was nice because I could see Kappa CrB and the comet together in the FOV along with some other fainter stars. Starry Night Pro Plus 8 shows mv +7.41, Stellarium 1.2 shows mv + 7.41, and theskylive.com reports an apparent magnitude 7.5. The skies clear this morning with west winds 5 knots and temperature -2C. Some foxes and deer were out moving about while I observed. I used TeleVue 40-mm plossl for 25x, TeleVue 32-mm plossl for 31x, and TeleVue 14-mm Delos for 71x observations. This is my third observation of C/2022 E3 (ZTF) since I started viewing 24-Dec-2022

Reactions: billslugg
Where were you viewing from? Is the comet going to be visible in the Southern Hemisphere? I'm in Melbourne, Australia.
I view the comet in USA on east coast. The January issue of Sky & Telescope report by Bob King on page 48-49 shows the comet path. It is moving from Corona Borealis into Ursa Minor, passing not far from Polaris, into Camelopardalis in early February. These are northern hemisphere constellations.