Shadow of the Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

commander_keen

Could this game be considered the first ever 'true art' for interactive media? After going through it, I think so. The world in it is emtpy, but its created in such a way where it feels that people - even whole civilizations - lived there. Its akin to something where its time has past, but you can still see the remnants of its heyday. It works quite well. The land is not entirely empty. There are 16 colossus in it, and you came there to slay them.<br /><br />The boss battles are absolutely incredible. Yes, the Colossi are the only NPCs that you will encounter, but wow, what an encounter it is! They are absolutely massive and rendered beautifully. You have to take them down, and that means utilizing their weaknesses and the land around you to figure out how to climb up them and stab them until they fall. It gives you an amazing feeling of accomplished, but also some regret in seeing these giant colossi fall. <br /> <br />The story keeps you interested in fighting the 16 colossus. Its very simple (you have a dead girlfriend, and in order to resurrect her, you need to kill them). But, I will tell you that the ending is no slouch, and it makes everything you've done worth it. Just dont expect it to end like a disney movie.<br /><br />I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who has a PS2 to go out and buy this game. It is one of the best games on the system, and one of the greatest games of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts