"shooting star" tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brubble

<span><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Hi</font></font></span><span><font face="Arial" size="2">&nbsp;</font></span><span><font size="2"><font face="Arial">I&rsquo;m Mexico, Play Del Carmen and saw one of the biggest meteors hot the atmosphere about 1 hour ago.</font></font></span><span><font face="Arial" size="2">&nbsp;</font></span><span><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Anything going on? </font></font></span><span><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Anybody else see that?</font></font></span><span><font face="Arial" size="2">&nbsp;</font></span><span><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Really good tail. 5 to 6 seconds across the sky heading south.</font></font></span><span><font face="Arial" size="2">&nbsp;</font></span><span><font size="2"><font face="Arial">BR</font></font></span> <p>&nbsp;</p>

W

weeman

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi&nbsp;I&rsquo;m Mexico, Play Del Carmen and saw one of the biggest meteors hot the atmosphere about 1 hour ago.&nbsp;Anything going on? Anybody else see that?&nbsp;Really good tail. 5 to 6 seconds across the sky heading south.&nbsp;BR &nbsp; <br />Posted by brubble</DIV><br /><br />I think you were just in the right place at the right time! There is no major shower right now, the Orionids tapered off in mid-November, and the up-and-coming larger meteor shower, the Geminids, doesn't have its peak until mid-December. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I think you were just in the right place at the right time! There is no major shower right now, the Orionids tapered off in mid-November, and the up-and-coming larger meteor shower, the Geminids, doesn't have its peak until mid-December. <br />Posted by weeman</DIV><br /><br />There is very low activity from the Northern Taurids, Monocerotids, November Orionids, sigma Hydrids, and Geminids, but the odds are far higher it was a "sporadic" or random meteor. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Just remember, they aren't always meteors. I keep trying to tell y'all! <br />Posted by jim48</DIV><br /><br />Hey Jim, your silly posts in serious threads are getting rather tiring. I like a good quip as much as anyone alse, but your behaviour becomes more troll like by the day. I'd strongly suggest you consider reeling in your posts in hard science fora unless you have something useful to add to the discussion. At this point, it's just friendly advice. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.