Shuttle Guy

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi SG,

As Testing said, please check your PM, I too extend my greetings to Sandra & yourself.

Andrew Brown.

D

davp99

Good luck Sg / Dave,
Quite the experience huh..Just take it easy , try not to do too much..everything has to take time to heal.
1 year later and I can still feel the sensation of when they pulled those hoses out of my stomach..

Here's to a Speedy recovery,
Dave P

H

halman

Glad to hear that things turned out well for Shuttle Guy. Hopefully, he will be back at work soon.--

Best wishes, Shuttle Guy!

S

shuttle_guy

I managed to talk the docs into allowing me to report to work Monday Feb. 1 however I can not drive so a buddy will drive me in and out. This is 2 1/2 weeks earlier than predicted so I am a happy camper.

However late last week a fire protection 4 or 5 in diameter water line burst on the 4th floor of the launch control center.
water flooded all floors down to the first floor. Clean up is in work however no one is allowed into the LCC except the clean up crew and the damage assessment team. All electrical power was shut down. The impact to launch ops especially STS-130 is currently unknown.

Excellent news SG, you're nearly there. :mrgreen:

Make sure that you do not do too much too soon.

A bit of drama for your return to work. Lets hope STS 130 Endeavour is not delayed too long.

Andrew Brown.

S

shuttle_guy

3488":3bi9zr05 said:
Excellent news SG, you're nearly there. :mrgreen:

Make sure that you do not do too much too soon.

A bit of drama for your return to work. Lets hope STS 130 Endeavour is not delayed too long.

Andrew Brown.

Some work on the vehicle at the pad can continue without vehicle power however the power up processing will start to
to be impacted very soon.

F

frodo1008

I am certain that you, like myself will not worry about the scars! I also had a five way bypass in 1995, and while the scars have indeed faded I still somewhat resemble Frankenstein when I am without clothing. But, as I am a relatively heavy old man, that does not happen except in the presence of a very understanding wife of just about 47 years!

And I am also very glad to hear that you are also doing well, please take it relatively easy, and continue to improve, your wisdom and knowledge are ever more and more appreciated here at this time of relative crisis for the space program!!! :D

S

Smersh

Sorry I'm incredibly late into this thread SG and until I read all this just now I had no idea you had gone through this.

I'm very happy to hear that your operation went well and you continue to make a good recovery. It's great to see you posting here again, and please continue to get well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts