Soyuz landing system

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darkenfast

This came up in another thread. I thought that the parachute containers (and all other equipment) carried on a Soyuz landing capsule are contained within the pressure hull (as opposed to Apollo-type designs). Someone else thought that this was not so. Are there any Soyuz experts around here who can answer this? My impression was that those parachute containers running down between the cosmonauts heads are not pressure-proof. Vostok/Voskhod spheres had the same type of set-up (single-shell).

J

JonClarke

I think you are right.<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

K

krrr

Spaceref article:<br /><br /><font color="orange">The primary and backup parachute containers and the area that houses the hydrogen-peroxide propellant tanks are separate pressurized volumes with their own access covers.</font>/safety_wrapper>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts