Space.com article. WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iamjman

I read this in one of the articles on Space.com:<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>"The main aurora oval on Jupiter we think should dim when the solar wind blows harder, but what we see is that actually gets brighter, which is totally counter intuitive and we still don’t know why," Nichols said.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />What is this guy thinking? Solar wind blows harder, and they think the light show should dim??? Space.com

I

iamjman

To finish my sentence, Space.com needs to get some new experts. What's counter intuitive about that?

I

iamjman

A terrible source by the looks of it. What are they doing quoting this guy if he's saying stuff that doesn't make any sense?

C

CalliArcale

BTW, you opened two threads on this, one here and one in SS&A. Which would you prefer? I'd like to lock one of them so as to keep discussion tidy. (No need for multiple threads on a single topic.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

I

iamjman

Didn't realize. I had trouble opening a thread earlier. Can you move the material from this thread over to SS&A?<br /><br />And once again, this kind of ignorance makes me angry. An author can still pick and choose his quotes. The author picked that quote, which is very obviously absurd.

C

CalliArcale

Well, I can't move the posts into the other thread, but I can cut-and-paste the content. I'll do that. (I'll leave out the bits about moving the posts, since they won't be useful in the other thread.) Then I'll lock (not delete) this thread.<br /><br />I'm sorry you had trouble opening the other thread. You can PM me or the other mods anytime you are having difficulties. The other names are drwayne, Rhodan, and TheShadow. (To PM, you can either go through "My Home" or click on usernames to get the person's profile and then click on "send a PM".) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.