Space debris cleaning mission

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Today space debris became rather an important issue to be solved in the space exploration area. That is why a lot of space companies wanna make some ``cleaning`` missions to clean the Earth`s orbit from this space junk. So could you please name some ``cleaning`` missions which are about to be launched in the nearest time?

Reactions: Misha Marchuk
Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
Never gonna happen, unless it's robotic. And where do we dispose of all this junk? Blast it out into space and out of orbit ?

Did you not read the information contained on the ESA website? Launch is scheduled for the year 2025.

How to dispose of the debris? Burn it up in the earth's atmosphere. And the bigger stuff? Send it towards the sun.

Clive

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
There are 4 ways how we can handle with space junk 1)we can design & program sats such that they switch to a lower orbit when we replace a sat with a new one automatically and burn up in outer atmosphere 2)we can use high power lazer that could burn them up in the orbit. 3) we can send them toward sun where they would burn up. 4)or we can adopt a technique that require less sats. I guess the easiest way to cope with space junk is to make them burn down in the atmosphere. However, it depends on the size of some space debris. It can be so large that it won't just burn down in the atmosphere

Reactions: Misha Marchuk
Jun 15, 2021
Visit site
Undoubtedly, space debris is a very big problem in this period of time, it is now very much in the vicinity of the earth's orbit, due to the actions of mankind in terms of space exploration. When I googled the internet looking for information about this, I found the site https://www.skyrora.com/blog/uk-space-news and on it I found that Operation Claw would be launched in 20205. During this operation, space debris will be collected. So, I think even more such operations will be carried out in the near future. Yes, and SpaceX and Elon Musk already have success in reusing rockets, so there will be even less garbage, I think.

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Talking about space debris, we cannot reduce the number of launches which are made each year or reduce the number of satellite technology which became an important part of the every day life humans and

Latest posts