Space dot Coms advanced weaponry division.

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wmdragon

of course, you could make people believe your Force is proudly displayed over a non existent mantle ... "these are not the droids you are looking for" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

V

votefornimitz

Or, I could send 6000x10^482 volts of electricity pervading through their body..... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

L

l3p3r

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>I'm a big fan of SciFi's greatest strategic weapons, which generally involve heavy things falling from space to surface. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />In the <i>Night's Dawn</i> series by Peter F. Hamilton (third book) 'kintetic harpoons' (big rods of metal) are used to destroy a town without actually hitting it - they slam them into the ground in a circular pattern in such a way that their shockwaves' interference pattern levels the town as would an earthquake. <br /><br />awesome stuff! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

drwayne

Note that Xandar, Tara and Dorno also fired energy rocks with slingshots.<br /><br />Gleep and Gloop also seemed to be able to absorb energy weapon discharges.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

V

vogon13

Did Tundro 'generate' his own energy rocks, or did he need to be 'reloaded' ?<br /><br />{sorry that sounds so weird}<br /><br />IIRC, Gloop and Gleep could fission into smaller whatever they weres, and recombine, too.<br /><br />I don't recall anything ever really damaging them, though.<br /><br />Off topic, but it always annoyed me that Xandor and Race Bannon had the same voice . . . .<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

D

dragon04

I'd like to have that cool, shoulder mounted energy weapon Predator had that targets by where his eyes were looking. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

D

drwayne

Yeah, but I never saw Race throw a shield like Xandor.<br /><br />I don't know how Tundro got his energy rocks. For that matter, I never saw Xandor go picking them up either.<br /><br />They used the same special effects for Gloop and Gleep as they later used for Mr. Fantastic...<br /><br />Wayne<br /><br />p.s. I was always a mark for Birdman as a boy... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

S

strandedonearth

There's no substitute for a blaster at your side (DL44, of course)

M

mikeemmert

"Mandrake Gestures Hypnotically..."<br /><br />"Mandrake was an illusionist whose work was based on an impossibly fast hypnotic technique. As the narrator informed us: "Mandrake gestured hypnotically" and the subject or subjects of this hypnosis would suddenly see a cane transformed in a bouquet of flowers or a cat into a tiger. Mandrake also worked against crooks and other bad guys in his spare time. This would include common gangsters, mad scientists and aliens from space. In their case, he would gesture hypnotically and they would see their guns change into snakes or red hot irons."<br /><br />

A

a_lost_packet_

WHAT!<br /><br />You people constantly amaze me! A talk about "What futuristic weapon to hang over your mantle.." and nobody has mentioned the BFG-9000 of Classic Doom, Doom 2 and now Doom 3? !!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />Take all your nambly pambly weak pea-shooters and put them in the trash boys+girls. I've got a BFG and I'm not afraid to use it!<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

L

lampblack

Mandrake's wizardry sounds sort of like Jedi mind tricks.<br /><br />I wonder if that's where George Lucas stole... errr.... I mean, developed the idea? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts