Space station tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer0333

Where can I find a good program to help me track and observe the ISS? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

P

pioneer0333

Thanks for the link. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

CalliArcale

Heavens Above is the simplest way to get predictions; I love their interface. It's also useful for determining the identity of satellites you observe by chance. And they've got a place to post your own observations.<br /><br />The ISS is easily the most rewarding target for satellite spotting. Like any satellite, its brightness varies depending on distance/phase angle/position of the solar arrays, but it usually outshines Venus! (Phase angle: angle between you, the object, and the Sun. If the unlit side of the spacecraft is facing you, it obviously won't be as bright.) Observers with backyard telescopes are able to see some detail -- apparently you can even make out the shape of the solar arrays. I have not yet attempted to do so. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

B

brellis

thanks - i was wondering about that meself! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#ff0000"><em><strong>I'm a recovering optimist - things could be better.</strong></em></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts