Question space time

May 11, 2020
Visit site
what is nature of space? is it kind of matter made of atoms and molecules or it is energy if not then is it just an illusion or imagination created by einstien to understand behaviour of space?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2020
Visit site
what is nature of space? is it kind of matter made of atoms and molecules or it is energy if not then is it just an illusion or imagination created by einstien to understand behaviour of space?

According to Wikipedia, "Space is the boundless three-dimensional extent in which objects and events have relative position and direction. Physical space is often conceived in three linear dimensions, although modern physicists usually consider it, with time, to be part of a boundless four-dimensional continuum known as spacetime."

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Our perceptions, for whatever reason, are geared up to three dimensional space progressing through a fourth dimension of time. This fiction we invent of Cartesian Coordinates is an abstraction of I am here (origin on graph) danger is at
x = 10, y = 7, z = 7. I have to get to safety at x = 10, y = 2, z = 3. That is not how we learnt to see it.
We saw "me here" "danger there" "home the other way"
Then the survivors had to learn that the result follows the consequence. Poor Jim got eaten by the tiger before he got to safety, not after he was safe at home.
Our ancestor could have developed the understanding of senses which told him or her to leave out the irrelevant danger route and call it an unwanted 4th dimension. "They" would exclude the fourth danger dimension and regard it as a consequence of their action that they got home safely. They would then have had 3 consequence dimensions and a 4th separate dimension in which they got eaten. Perhaps we chose the best divide and survived (thanks Darwin)

Cat :)

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Ah! Lovely space-time. I am afraid I still see it as a tube of 3-dimensional reality continuing along a 4th very different time dimension. Sorry. I can try to understand the maths but the reality is as I put it above. Been around too long.