Spacex Falcon 1 Flight 5 Launch

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newsartist

dangineer":3ta8ctb7 said:
It looks like the launch is set to 8:00 p.m. PDT.

Where are you getting that from?

SpaceX's very poor website is still saying 7:30pm PDT (0230z)

That is the latest from SpaceFlightNow too.

D

dangineer

Very reliable sources state current estimated launch time is 8:00. I'll update if this changes.

R

robotical

Looks like he's right, 7:28 and no video feed. A bit slow on the web updates today.

D

dangineer

The website is not up to date probably due to SpaceX staff being busy with launch preparations. Hopefully it will be updated soon.

M

MeteorWayne

robotical":la4os78r said:
Looks like he's right, 7:28 and no video feed. A bit slow on the web updates today.

Actually a bit slow on their web updates always. I wrote them a "you are frustrating your audience-o-gram" today.

J

Jazman1985

Launch just posted for viewing, looks like it will take off at 11:00 EDT

T

ThereIWas2

Oh groan. Approaching thundershowers. Possible hold at T-15.
Fully fueled now at T-23.

[UPDATE] No Thunder or lighting, just showers

N

newsartist

It lives!!!!!!!

At "Step 105"

Now T-22, nice view of the mission banner!

T

ThereIWas2

Met still thinks weather will be "red" at current planned launch. Expect "green" later. New launch plan at 35 mins past the hour,

N

newsartist

js117":hziy6zgj said:
weather doesn't look good

...or bad.

Pacific tropical squalls are frequent, but brief. Unlike Florida, where the can be pure evil!

Weather brief at 3:15 local, (11:20 EDT, 8:20 pm PDT) If GREEN anticipated, will pick up count at 3:20 local, for 3:35 T-0?

N

newsartist

T-7 min

I assume they have an on-board camera?

This should be spectacular as they bust through that convective overcast. Get ready for some speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts