SpaceX raises $1.9 billion in latest funding round: report

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The Starlink constellation is going to obsolete most internet providers so yeah, I can see why there are people jumping on this bandwagon.

SpaceX is a no-brainer at this point. I find it interesting how Jeff Bezos' Amazon just got FCC clearance yesterday to start launching broadband satellites into orbit, but by the time they finally do, SpaceX will already have the entire Gen-1 StarLink constellation up and running.

Then of course is the obvious success of SpaceX launching astronauts to the space station (a feat that others said would never happen), being the first commercial company to launch astronauts into orbit (a feat that others said would never happen), is able to launch heavy payloads into orbit and return the boosters to Earth for multiple reuse (a feat they said would never happen), and has not only invented but tested the first full-flow combustion rocket engines with stable chamber pressures as high as 330 bar, both respectively were previously thought to not be feasible.

SpaceX has shown what real ingenuity, hard work, and perseverance can really do in the private sector, and outclass everyone else in the arena. Investing in such a company is an easy decision.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
The Starlink constellation is going to obsolete most internet providers so yeah, I can see why there are people jumping on this bandwagon.

It’s meant to provide coverage in far off locales with no current internet coverage. It won’t be able to compete over built up areas because of cost and bandwidth limitations. Just like the iridium phones never were able to compete with land based celluar.

Latest posts