SRB Design Flaw still exits

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drwayne

This issue has been discussed in some other threads. Bottom line is that you are seeing an effect in which the shock wave detaches from the aft of the SRB, and moves foward on the vehicle. This leads to a phenomenon I work with from time to time of plume recirculation. It is more pronounced in the NIR wavelength of the Canberra's sensor.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

D

drwayne

By the way, if you look at a missile at the right altitude, the shcok has completely detached from the vehicle, and there is a visible plume that envelops the vehicle.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

D

drwayne

The U2 suprised me the first time I saw it take off too.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts